Really Need Design Help...cake Due Friday

Decorating By Misdawn Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 4:55pm by Misdawn

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:22am
post #1 of 6

Ok so I'm at a loss on this one...that or I'm just overthinking it. I have attached a picture of the design requested, however, she then says "Surprise Me." So I emailed her back with a list of 7 colors and asked her to put them in order of the birthday girl's favorites. Her most favorite color was hot pink, so I have decided that the cake will be hot pink instead of green like in the picture. The flowers and everything else will be pretty much the same, except it will be a 7 in the middle and it will be lite neon pink.

I think I also want to pipe a plain hot pink border around the edges and leave the sides untouched. (I don't want to distract from the top since there is so much going on there.) Now my question is...what do I do around the bottom border?

I thought about possibly doing fondant swags in the various colors with whimsical roses at the 'joints' and neon green 'vines'. I thought about just piping simple scrollwork in hot pink. I thought about making neon green fondant leaves. I don't know what will look good! I need ideas and input! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif HELP!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

P.S. I don't know where this photo came from, it was given to me by the birthday mom,so if it is your cake, please let me know and I will give credit. Thanks!
LL

5 replies
Misdawn Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:56am
post #2 of 6

Anyone?

Misdawn Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:57am
post #3 of 6

Anyone?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:01am
post #4 of 6

How about small ribbon roses?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 6

i like the fondant leaves idea. some small flowers, liekt he ribbon roses, thrown in too?
or, if you wanted to be pretty labour intensive, very small alternating bees and ladybugs!
xx

Misdawn Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 6

Ooh I like the bees and ladybugs! That would be cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%