First Time Square Wedding Cake ( How To Dvd)

Decorating By Kookie Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 9:20pm by Kookie

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 7:41pm
post #31 of 42

Sweet!!!!!!!! (in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice)

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 8:26pm
post #32 of 42

That 4 tier cake is all supported by straws. I prefer them over dowels - not near the cake "displacement". Stood like a rock. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 8:28pm
post #33 of 42

Ok, they're attached in an excel spreadsheet that you should be able to download from here. Hopefully, I can get this right the first time. If anyone can't download it, email me (not PM ... email) and I'll send it to you direct.

Kookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kookie Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 8:53pm
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

I love SPS, I don't use anything I don't have absolute faith and confidence in. Check this out: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603925.html

Very helpful!

Hello Jamie,
Yes, it was very helpful.
I am just worried what if the cake doesn't 4" tall but maybe a little shorter or maybe a little taller.
But thank you.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 9:02pm
post #35 of 42

Fake it. Ice it high until you get 4". You'll get it eventually. Use more filling or else, trim the top of cake if need be, torte an extra layer...whatever works.

Kookie Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 9:55pm
post #36 of 42
Quote:

Fake it. Ice it high until you get 4". You'll get it eventually. Use more filling or else, trim the top of cake if need be, torte an extra layer...whatever works.

I see. I think that is a good idea.
I will try!
Thank you.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:07am
post #37 of 42
Quote:

It's what I do! I have gotten use to using more filling. Since I only use 2 layers people like a thicker filling & it helps me get the height I need.

samiam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samiam22 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 7:38pm
post #38 of 42

My wedding went off without any rain..I used a combination of dowels for the bottom and straws for the top, the cake survived the long road trip and two ins and outs of vehicles. I used Indydebi's slide trick for the spatula and then covered the area with a fondant border. It all held together beautifully. Thanks to all. I don't know how to attach the file but it is in my pics if anyone wants to look at my first wedding cake. It was exhausting but fun!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 8:12pm
post #39 of 42

samiam - that is absolutley adorable, you did a wonderful job!! Pat yourself on the back. thumbs_up.gif

Kookie Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 8:28pm
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam22

My wedding went off without any rain..I used a combination of dowels for the bottom and straws for the top, the cake survived the long road trip and two ins and outs of vehicles. I used Indydebi's slide trick for the spatula and then covered the area with a fondant border. It all held together beautifully. Thanks to all. I don't know how to attach the file but it is in my pics if anyone wants to look at my first wedding cake. It was exhausting but fun!!

Hi saminam22,
You did a beautiful job!
I am glad you had no problem to deliver the cake. Congrats!
Love the figurines too.

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 6:11pm
post #41 of 42

Hi samiam22 you did a very good job with your cake and the little people are to cute. how did you do the rope around the bottom of the cakes? when i try to roll mine its no even.can you help ? Thanks sammie192

Kookie Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 9:20pm
post #42 of 42

Hi indydebi,
I am sorry to reply so late.
I watched the photos and thank you for taking all steps photos.
Kookie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%