30 Cup Cakes

Baking By vampy Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 7:38am by JaimeAnn

vampy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vampy Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 7

ok i told my sister i would help with my nieces birthday party this saturday. She called me today and asked if i could bake 30 cupcakes for the children, now i dont mind too much but i dont have a recipe that large is there a way i can double or triple my recipe to get 30 cupcakes, or do you giuys have a recipe that makes this many?
Thanks for your help i love this site it always very helpful.

6 replies
notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 7

No most of my recipes make 2 dozen cupcakes. So if you double a recipe you will get about 48, if it was for my sisiter I would make her the 50 cupcakes, I give out samples when possible.

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 7

hi there, i actually found a recipie on the martha stewart website, for vanilla cupcakes (they are a little dense) and its for 30, hope this helps!!

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 7

since most box mixes seem to make about 24, if you used the recipe extender, maybe it would make 30??

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 7

I'd do an extender as well and make it work.

No-goodLazyBum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
No-goodLazyBum Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 7

The White Almond Sour Cream (WASC) from this site when cut in half consistently makes 32 standard cupcakes. Its a great easy bulk recipe especially for kids. Vanilla can be substituted for almond flavoring if you want.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:38am
post #7 of 7

Kakeladi's original wasc recipe will give you what you need...
here it is and it can be made with any flavor of cake mix...

The *original* WASC cake recipe by kakeladi

1 box cake mix (I prefer Betty Crocker) *see notes at end
1 cup flour*
1 cup granulated sugar
generous dash of salt
1 cup sour cream*
1 cup water *
3 whole eggs
1 tablespoon flavoring*

In bowl mix together dry ingredients. It's helpful to use a wire whisk; important w/choco cake not so much for other flavors.
In mixer bowl place next 4 ingredients. Add about 1/2 of the dry ingredients and blend together, then add the rest of the dry ingredients & blend. Mix for 2 minutes.
Pour into prepared pans * and bake as usual.

*NOTES: *ANY* cake flavor can be used. Some tell me they just dump all ingredients into the bowl together others say they sift all dry ingredients together.
Match the flavoring to the cake flavor such use lemon/almond mix for lemon cake; strawberry for a strawberry cake etc, etc. For most flavors you can use a mixture of vanilla, butter, and almond which is what I do most of the time.
You can use milk, juice, thawed fzn concentrates, soda pop (ie: Coke) cream or just about anything wet for the liquid.
This recipe is based on mixing in a kitchenaid mixer. I use position #1 to stir it, then #4 to mix the batter.
Most of the time I forget to add the salticon_smile.gif
On rare occasions I have used other brands of mix.
This makes the amount of batter as if you used 1 1/2 mixes and is perfect for a 10" sq OR 9x13 OR one 8" & two 6" round;OR two 8"rounds OR a 12" round; and other combinations of pans.
I prefer to bake at 300 degrees for about 20-30 minutes (depending on size of cake) then turn oven up to 325 for about an equal time. If cake has pulled away from sides it is overbaked. After cooling, the top might be a bit sticky.
Some people have told me they use plain or flavored yogurt instead of sour cream.
I've always used all purpose flour. Some tell me they use cake flour but then the amount is less - maybe 3/4 cup - not sure.

The flavoring I most often use is this mixture:
1 part vanilla extract
1/2 part butter flavoring
1/4 part almond flavoring

A "Part" is any measure be it teaspoon; tablespoon; cup or quart Since I made many wedding cakes I usually mixed it up by the cup icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%