Has Anyone "seen" Melvira Lately?

Lounge By Deb_ Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 1:46pm by jlynnw

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 2:22am
post #1 of 81

I was just thinking I haven't seen any posts from her lately. I know she's probably busy with her new place and her kiddos.

Mel, if you're out there don't forget about your CC friends just yet icon_smile.gif

80 replies
Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 5:35am
post #2 of 81

I am pretty sure her new shop opened today! I think she must be really busy with it...once things settle down I hope she'll be back.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 81

Wow! I had no idea she was opening a shop!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:17am
post #4 of 81

D'oh!! I'm here!!

The shop had a grand opening party on Saturday, it was amazing!! I am so stoked! I will be posting pictures on my website VERY soon, so I'll letcha know when it's ready to view!

Deb_ Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 81

Oh that's awesome! Congratulations, I can't wait to see the pic's! icon_biggrin.gif

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 12:39pm
post #6 of 81

Congratulations, Mel! Don't forget about all us CC'ers ... okay, ME! icon_biggrin.gif ... who depend on your guidance!

Melvira Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 1:48pm
post #7 of 81

You guys can check out the before and after of the two main areas (not kitchen) by going to www.sweetcakesonline.net/shop.htm This page is the before, then at the bottom is a link to the after!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:28pm
post #8 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

I was just thinking I haven't seen any posts from her lately. I know she's probably busy with her new place and her kiddos.

Mel, if you're out there don't forget about your CC friends just yet icon_smile.gif

Wow, Deb! I was JUST thinking the same thing yessterday, "Where's Mel been?!" You're a mind reader!

Mel, the place looks FANTASTIC!! I love the renovations you did! Wish I could come and visit to see it. thumbs_up.gif

Gail

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:30pm
post #9 of 81

Mel, your shop is gorgeous and I know that you are thrilled. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I wish I were closer - I would love to sit in that front room or under the arbor and have some Melvira goodies! icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:09pm
post #10 of 81

Well, maybe someday we can have a cake gathering!! How fun would that be?? thumbs_up.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:46pm
post #11 of 81

Holy cow!!! That is freaking awesome! Green with envy here babe! Good job!!!!

Deb_ Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:55pm
post #12 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailsgoodies

Quote:

Wow, Deb! I was JUST thinking the same thing yessterday, "Where's Mel been?!" You're a mind reader!

Mel, the place looks FANTASTIC!! I love the renovations you did! Wish I could come and visit to see it. thumbs_up.gif

Gail

Hey Gail you know what they say "great minds think alike" icon_biggrin.gif

Mel, I love your new shop. That antique wall piece is gorgeous....WOW!

I'm so happy for you and if we're ever out your way we'll definitely make a pit stop. Anytime you gals want to get together for a "cakers" weekend..........I'm definitely in! It would be a blast.

Make loads of money kid!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 10:01pm
post #13 of 81

the place looks fantastic.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 10:01pm
post #14 of 81

the place looks fantastic.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:13am
post #15 of 81

She's actually been two-timing y'all on facebook! icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:44pm
post #16 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

*GASP* I don't know HOW you could say such a thing! I am SHOCKED at how accurate that statement is I cannot believe you'd tell people something like that when it's completely true

I don't have to sit here and be accused of such things when I can just go hang out on Facebook

Deb_ Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:07pm
post #17 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

*GASP* I don't know HOW you could say such a thing! I am SHOCKED at how accurate that statement is I cannot believe you'd tell people something like that when it's completely true

I don't have to sit here and be accused of such things when I can just go hang out on Facebook

Now I know how it feels to be "cheated" on icon_razz.gif

What does FB have that we don't? icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:18pm
post #18 of 81

It's not what they have so much as what they don't have. icon_rolleyes.gif

lardbutt Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:47pm
post #19 of 81

haha! I have to say I have really enjoyed getting to know the CC gals who are on my FB!!! Because of getting status updates...you really get a feel of what someone is really like icon_smile.gif

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:48pm
post #20 of 81

Mel, I'm sooo proud of you! Your place looks so romantic and classy (not that I expected anything less...well, on second thought...icon_biggrin.gif). I'm so happy for you. I'm going to have to convince my DH to take a road trip to see our homie's new place.

God bless you and much success!

Melvira Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 1:38am
post #21 of 81

Oh Tita, you have to convince him!! I am dying! Hahahah. Meeting you would be a serious hoot! Girl, we could stay up talking all night and then bake our booties off!

I agree about Facebook, it's so personal, you really get to know your friends better. Not that I can't get to know people here... you know what I mean. My problem is trying to remember who people are here from there, KWIM?? Like MessyBaker, I obviously know who you are from your avatar, but some people don't have pic avatars here, so I don't recognize them. icon_redface.gif So, if someone here is my pal on FB and I act like I don't know you that well here, FORGIVE me... and then remind you who you are! Hehehe.

Deb_ Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:27am
post #22 of 81

OK I'm COMPLETELY new to FB...........created an account to spy on my kids.......lol!!

How do I find you guys on FB? or maybe you don't want me to find you icon_sad.gif

Melvira Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:33am
post #23 of 81
Quote:

OK I'm COMPLETELY new to FB...........created an account to spy on my kids.......lol!!

How do I find you guys on FB? or maybe you don't want me to find you icon_sad.gif

Just do a search for our names. Mine is Melissa McChesney in Lost Nation, Iowa.

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:15am
post #24 of 81

I found you! I found you!! I just sent you a friend request.

Gail

lardbutt Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:50am
post #25 of 81

Well, if y'all added Mel....then look on her friend list for me too! My "real" name (lol) is Sherri Moore Burts.

Tita9499 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:52pm
post #26 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Oh Tita, you have to convince him!! I am dying! Hahahah. Meeting you would be a serious hoot! Girl, we could stay up talking all night and then bake our booties off!

icon_confused.gif Read: "Tita's my one Hispanic friend so I'll exploit her for cheap labor, she should be used to it"

Yeah, I get it now!...Well, I'll have you know, I'm not used to working for any money at all!

And how come Mel gets a thread all about making sure she's okay and the only one I get is calling me a "stuck up cake snob"?!?!?

Seriously though, you guys are good with the peer pressure, I'm actually contemplating renewing my FB membership.

Deb...going lighter red! DH's just not happy. He pretty much called me a punk because (he says) it's too "burgundy"! I say I chop it all off and get a wig collection then he can wake up, chuck one at me and say, "Go blonde today!". Do the same rules apply since it's still a red color?

Melvira Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 6:12pm
post #27 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

icon_confused.gif Read: "Tita's my one Hispanic friend so I'll exploit her for cheap labor, she should be used to it"

Now see, I didn't think you'd be smart enough to catch that... at least not so quickly. I'm going to have to work on my delivery I guess. icon_rolleyes.gif SMART ALECK!! Exploit you? If I were going to exploit you I'd just post all those pix of you in Cozumel... oh wait, I've already said too much. icon_lol.gif

AND... I get a thread asking about me because I am a nice person. You're a big 'ol meanie face and so you don't get a thread like this! Hehehehe. icon_razz.gif Oh, alright, you know I'd start one for you. For some strange reason I like ya. icon_rolleyes.gif

Tita9499 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 8:20pm
post #28 of 81

You like me because I'm just like you...remember, we both did things in Cozumel that were supposed to stay there!

Deb_ Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 8:37pm
post #29 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

Deb...going lighter red! DH's just not happy. He pretty much called me a punk because (he says) it's too "burgundy"! I say I chop it all off and get a wig collection then he can wake up, chuck one at me and say, "Go blonde today!". Do the same rules apply since it's still a red color?

You are a brave girl aren't ya? icon_lol.gif Be careful going lighter especially in the red family........you don't want to end up "peroxide orange" icon_eek.gif

In order to lighten your "natural" base color you'll need to use a higher volume peroxide. You most likely used 20 volume the last time you colored, but to go lighter you'll need at least a 30 or 40 volume in order to get enough lift.

In this case you'll want to apply the color to the roots first for at least 30 minutes and then comb it through to the ends.

Are you sure you don't want to make a road trip to Massachusetts?

Tita9499 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 8:52pm
post #30 of 81

I'm so sure I WANT to. I'm scared to put this color in, the other was no issue because it was dark, but this one has got me really nervous. So a 30 volume is good?

SOrry, I didn't mean to hijack

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%