Surprise Gender Cake Ideas

Decorating By ras3 Updated 5 Jul 2009 , 2:14am by miny

ras3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ras3 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:09am
post #1 of 9

I received an order for a couple that is expecting their first child and they want to find out the gender of their child with their entire family present. So they decided to have a cake made that was either baked blue or pink inside and they are going to slice it at a big party with their whole family. I will receive a sealed envelope from the ultrasound tech and bake accordingly. This is super fun, but I would love to come up with a really clever outside to the cake. They want a BC for about 15-20 people. Any creative ideas for this creative couples? A present cake would be the obvious choice, but it seems well, obvious.

8 replies
CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:38am
post #2 of 9

How about a garden theme with a baby in a pea pod or in a cabbage? Then you could do flowers, vines, bees, ladybugs, etc.

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:40am
post #3 of 9

I saw this on TV last week. It is a neat idea. You can pretty much do any baby theme. The cake I saw was baby blocks and stuffed animal type decorations with blue and pink circle cut outs on the cake. You don't really have to be totally gender neutral if you represent both genders on the cake.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:41am
post #4 of 9

A pink and blue question mark?
Scooby Doo and the mystery machine?
A magnifying glass?
Jigsaw or crossword puzzle?

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:42am
post #5 of 9

sorry double posted.

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:44am
post #6 of 9

I know the gift/present seems obvious but I don't think there is
a better way to refer to a baby?..... Let us know what you decide.
What a neat idea for the couple.

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:46am
post #7 of 9

I know the gift/present seems obvious but I don't think there is
a better way to refer to a baby?..... Let us know what you decide.
What a neat idea for the couple.

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:52am
post #8 of 9

Recently someone here on CC had posted the same idea, they had made a large baby bottle cake tied with a ribbon and inside the cake was blue because they were having a boy. Its in the gallery somewhere. Was extremely cute cake.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 2:14am
post #9 of 9

What about a big white sack and maybe 3 gumpaste storks (maybe the same size of the cake) around it, like scratching their heads thinking how to carry that big bag or deciding who is taking on the delivery, and you can write something on the sack like "the wait is ALMOST over!" I think the white sack is going to keep the color content safe and it's a classic.
HTH thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%