Woo Hoo!

Baking By imamommy1205 Updated 4 Jul 2009 , 5:02pm by Brownie1954

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 4

I have always liked making cookies more than cakes, but I always thought about it in terms of there not being as much money in cookies. Well icon_biggrin.gif...I made some cookies and mini cupcakes for a Mary Kay party a few weeks ago. I had made make up shaped cookies, white chocolate coconut cookies, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, and white and chocolate mini cupcakes. The lady hosting the party showed her other Mary Kay friends and a bunch of people were asking her for my phone number. I guess she didnt know if she should give it out, which is ok...so she asked me to make some samples and come with her to her meeting with the other consultants she knows and bring business cards icon_smile.gif. Now since I cant legally bake out of a home kitchen the cards will just have my name and number on them. I am gonna print out some pictures to take along and make a few flyers with a list of the different things I do. I will have one with just cookies on it and another with caks on it. But I will be sure to put on there something like "Simple Cakes for All Occasions" since I am not a pro at the cake making yet.

I am excited! icon_smile.gif I hope this helps generate some business since I have to rely on word of mouth.

3 replies
jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 4

Hope everything goes great for you! thumbs_up.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 4

Good for you! icon_wink.gif It's always hard to get started but sound like you have found a niche. Keep us informed how it's going.

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 4

I think you'll find that word of mouth is the best way to advertise....I have had my business open for going on six years, and tries ads in different papers....None of those ads brought me in results like the good ole word of mouth.....Brownie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%