Why Is This Happening To Me?

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 11:45am by traab859

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, usually when I use BC cake mix I didn't have a problem. Now my last two cakes people have said that when they go to cut the cake it just crumbles and doesn't stay up like a normal piece of cake. I haven't done anything different. I always follow directions and have never had a problem. Any suggestions? Please help! I have more cake orders this month and am afraid that it's going to happen again. I would use another cake mix but everyone seems to love this one.

6 replies
Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 7

Hi there....

I am not sure I know why this is happening.....I don't use Betty Crocker, I use Pillsbury.....Are you getting the right amount of oil/water added?
What about mixing time, or the baking time? Do the customers say the cakes are crumbling because it taste too dry, or does it taste good to them? I am at a loss, so hopefully someone will have some good insight.
Brownie

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:21am
post #3 of 7

Thanks, but no it's not dry. I would say it's actually moist and so soft it crumbles when you slice it. Anyone else have this problem or had and can help solve it. I've tried Pillsbury and don't like it. I prefer BC. Thanks anyways.

mustang1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mustang1964 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:43am
post #4 of 7

If you leave it in the pan too long the steam can't get out from the sides and bottom, this might cause it to get to moist. icon_confused.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 8:11am
post #5 of 7

I use DH cake mix and is perfect every time and delicious too

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:36am
post #6 of 7

I would guess that there would be a factor that makes it too moist. Like you said, if you have been having perfect cakes before and this time you're having problems, then I guess it's just a bad cake day. We all have that once in a while.

traab859 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traab859 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:45am
post #7 of 7

After making cakes for a while you realize how many factors go into the end result. Anything from how long you mix it to how humid or dry your house is to how long you let it sit in the pan can all change the effects. Like RylanTy said you have to chalk it up to having a bad cake day, we all have them. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%