Why Did This Happen??

Decorating By SJ169 Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 5:50am by CakeDiosa

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 5

I made the chocolate WASC cake and for some reason the side kind of collapsed. I have made the recipe before and havent had any issues. I made two cakes in a 6inch round pan, one of them i used bake even strips and the other i didnt and both cakes look like this..
has this ever happend to you??
LL

4 replies
katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:55am
post #2 of 5

Did you take it out of the pan when it was still pretty warm?

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:58am
post #3 of 5

Sorry I thougt that was two cakes guess it wouldn't be because it was too hot. Anyway I see you started another post.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:36am
post #4 of 5

I've never seen that happen. Hmmm.

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:50am
post #5 of 5

Okay...I'm sorry but is it inappropriate that the picture of this cake literally has me in tears laughing????

Okay...in all seriousness...I had my sides cave in like that when I used a heart shaped cake baking strip thing (no bottom you just pic your heart shape size and set it on a cookies sheet, fill with thick cake mix and bake - two thumbs down!!! - it doesn't work well at all). I thought it was because I may have opened the over door too many times. Looks like you had maybe too much mix in your pan and no heating core or upturned flower nail???

Better luck next time.... in the mean time if some dog lover wants a cake resembling a pile of....well....I'm just saying that cake still has some usefulness.....

Hope you get to the bottom of what happened.... muah!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%