28 Days And Counting - Ices09

Decorating By TexasSugar Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 1:16pm by nannie

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:59am
post #91 of 106

Nannie my fondant has flaws. But I tried not to drive myself crazy recovering and recovering. My dad pointed out one of the tiers that had some dents in it and was like can't you smooth it out. Sigh!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 5:13pm
post #92 of 106

this site is driving me nuts. It seems to be stuck

icon_cry.gif

How is eveyone doing. My tiers are assembled (I have till Thursday before I need to be done)

Hope they keep the lights dim cause there are so many flaws shhh.gif

nannie Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 5:13pm
post #93 of 106

this site is driving me nuts. It seems to be stuck

icon_cry.gif

How is eveyone doing. My tiers are assembled (I have till Thursday before I need to be done)

Hope they keep the lights dim cause there are so many flaws shhh.gif

TexasSugar Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 12:08am
post #94 of 106

Nannie, mine have flaws too. The good thing is that they block off the floor right in front of the table so people aren't going to have their noses to the cakes.

I have one cake completely done. One that is sorta done. It is stacked and has borders on it, but it's flowers are drying and will be added Sunday I think. The third has been iced but isn't decorated or stacked yet. And the forth is still just a thought in my head. Sigh.

It has been a long week. I leave Tuesday morning and have class Monday night. I'm planning (hoping) that I am done with cakes by Sunday so I can pack and make my final shopping list on Monday. I'm almost ready to be on the road so I can sleep and relax.

nannie Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 12:29am
post #95 of 106

Texas,

Are you driving by yourself? That is a long way...

TexasSugar Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 1:03am
post #96 of 106

No. My parents and nephew are going with me. They are going to make a vacation out of it and sight see while I do cake stuff all day. I'll be sleeping on the way there, hopefully, since me and long car rides don't go together very well.

nannie Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 1:13am
post #97 of 106

thank goodness

TexasSugar Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 2:45am
post #98 of 106

Yeah you are telling me! The furthest I have ever driven by myself is to Dallas, which is about 2 hours from here. I could just see me on a trip that long alone. I'm pretty close to my family and I'm sure if I did set out that long on my own my phone would be ringing very hour on the hour for check ups.

nannie Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 2:58am
post #99 of 106

heehee

Let me know if the family need any suggestions for places to see

Chicago has a lot to offer

TexasSugar Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:13am
post #100 of 106

I printed off the list on the ICES website for them, is there any must sees on there or not on there??

nannie Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:27am
post #101 of 106

they covered the highlights pretty well

I love Millenium Park It is by the lakefront and is close to the art institute

I don't know their interests but the architecture foundation does wonderful tours especially the river cruise. http://www.architecture.org/tours.aspx

Navy Pier has a lot to see and you can take boat rides out on the lake.

If they're fearless. Sears Tower has not only the skydeck but "the ledge" which is an all glass platform on the 103 floor so people can look down icon_eek.gif

Geneva is a few miles from the convention with a cute downtown on the river and nice shops and restaurants.

TexasSugar Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 1:06am
post #102 of 106

Thanks so much Nannie! I passed those on to my mom. icon_smile.gif

I'm getting closer to getting my cakes done and am starting to get excited again.

TexasSugar Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:26am
post #103 of 106

In a little under 12 hours I will be on the road and I still have to pack. But the cakes are done!! I'm going to try to post them here shortly then head home to pack and crawl in bed.

I hope everyone has a save trip and I'll see ya'll in IL!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 5:13am
post #104 of 106

Wait...where and when are we all meeting up to get name badges? Did I miss that part?

mkm25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkm25 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:06pm
post #105 of 106

Unless I missed it too, I think they're going to post something on the message board at the convention. There's usually a place to leave messages for people. See you all there!

nannie Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:16pm
post #106 of 106

I can't find the other thread about the name tags icon_cry.gif

Have a safe drive everyone

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%