Help! Ugly, Messy Cake Balls!

Decorating By clovely Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 10:25pm by leah_s

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 14

How do I make these not look so ridiculous? They're lumpy and messy and falling apart. The chocolate is lumpy...is it too hot or not hot enough?!?! I started with almond bark...maybe should've made the extra trip to get candy melts. There's got to be something I'm missing.

13 replies
Amymnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amymnn Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 14

Sorry, I had to LOL! Sounded like something Robin would say "Holy ugly messy cake balls batman!"

Amymnn Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 14

Sorry, I had to LOL! Sounded like something Robin would say "Holy ugly messy cake balls batman!"

Amymnn Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 14

Amymnn Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:03pm
post #5 of 14

Amymnn Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:04pm
post #6 of 14

Amymnn Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:05pm
post #7 of 14

jadex77x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadex77x Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:11pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovely

How do I make these not look so ridiculous? They're lumpy and messy and falling apart. The chocolate is lumpy...is it too hot or not hot enough?!?! I started with almond bark...maybe should've made the extra trip to get candy melts. There's got to be something I'm missing.

how exactly did u do them ? before dipping in almond bark ?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:20pm
post #9 of 14

Almond bark works fine, but it has to bde on a pretty low temp. You did freeze the balls first, right?

leah_s Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:21pm
post #10 of 14

Almond bark works fine, but it has to bde on a pretty low temp. You did freeze the balls first, right?

leah_s Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:22pm
post #11 of 14

leah_s Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:23pm
post #12 of 14

leah_s Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:24pm
post #13 of 14

leah_s Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:25pm
post #14 of 14

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%