Displaying Cupcakes

Baking By Caet Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 9:36pm by newmansmom2004

Caet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caet Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 15

I'm making cupcakes for my mother-in-law's wedding receptions. The first is for the family at a restaurant and is for 30 people. The second is for her friends and neighbors at her community clubhouse (catered) and is for about 100 people.
I'm having a hard time coming up witht he best display solution.
What do all you cupcakers do for an elegant display of cupcakes?
Thanks!
Caet

14 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 15

Have you seen some of the photos in the gallery showing cupcakes on tall cupcake towers with a tiny layer cake at the top? Those are neat. Maybe if you have a variety of cake pedestals, you could display them on those. A local cupcake shop does that. All the pedestals are different, but it looks really cute. OR purchase a few Wilton cupcake stands.

DeeDelightful Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 15

Have you seen some of the photos in the gallery showing cupcakes on tall cupcake towers with a tiny layer cake at the top? Those are neat. Maybe if you have a variety of cake pedestals, you could display them on those. A local cupcake shop does that. All the pedestals are different, but it looks really cute. OR purchase a few Wilton cupcake stands.

DeeDelightful Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 15

DeeDelightful Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 15

lil_girl4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lil_girl4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 15

www.cakejournal.com has a tutorial on how to make a cupcake stand that looks really easy and I think that is looks pretty. HTH

lil_girl4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 15

www.cakejournal.com has a tutorial on how to make a cupcake stand that looks really easy and I think that is looks pretty. HTH

lil_girl4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:16pm
post #8 of 15

lil_girl4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:17pm
post #9 of 15

lil_girl4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:18pm
post #10 of 15

lil_girl4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:19pm
post #11 of 15

www.cakejournal.com has a tutorial on how to make a cupcake stand that looks really easy and I think that is looks pretty. I have used one of the metal Wilton cupcake stands and do not really like them simple because the tops of the cupcakes bump the upper row and mess up the icing. HTH!

lil_girl4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:20pm
post #12 of 15

www.cakejournal.com has a tutorial on how to make a cupcake stand that looks really easy and I think that is looks pretty. I have used one of the metal Wilton cupcake stands and do not really like them simple because the tops of the cupcakes bump the upper row and mess up the icing. HTH!

lil_girl4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:21pm
post #13 of 15

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:35pm
post #14 of 15

I found a tutorial on Youtube that showed how to make a multi-tiered cupcake stand from MDF so we made two of them and they're AWESOME! They're six tiers, bottom tier is 18" square then each tier goes down 2" in size so the smallest tier on the top is 8". I used ceramic drawer pulls from the hardware store on the bottom for feet so you can get your hands under the stand to move it. There's a threaded rod that goes down the middle of the entire thing with 5" round dowel "spacers" between each tier so there's plenty of headroom between tiers so you don't ding up the tops of your lovely cupcakes. There's a nut on the bottom and a nut cap on top so you can tighten the whole thing after it's put together so it doesn't move or wobble. Then when you're done you just unscrew both the top and bottom nuts, take the spacer dowels and tiers off the center rod, pack it all into a nice big bag and take it home!

I painted the tiers with white non-toxic paint, but for a nicer finish I wrap plain white shiny wrapping paper around each tier and it makes a fabulous cupcake presentation.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:36pm
post #15 of 15

I found a tutorial on Youtube that showed how to make a multi-tiered cupcake stand from MDF so we made two of them and they're AWESOME! They're six tiers, bottom tier is 18" square then each tier goes down 2" in size so the smallest tier on the top is 8". I used ceramic drawer pulls from the hardware store on the bottom for feet so you can get your hands under the stand to move it. There's a threaded rod that goes down the middle of the entire thing with 5" round dowel "spacers" between each tier so there's plenty of headroom between tiers so you don't ding up the tops of your lovely cupcakes. There's a nut on the bottom and a nut cap on top so you can tighten the whole thing after it's put together so it doesn't move or wobble. Then when you're done you just unscrew both the top and bottom nuts, take the spacer dowels and tiers off the center rod, pack it all into a nice big bag and take it home!

I painted the tiers with white non-toxic paint, but for a nicer finish I wrap plain white shiny wrapping paper around each tier and it makes a fabulous cupcake presentation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%