1St Wedding Cake

Decorating By therese379 Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 8:12pm by therese379

therese379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therese379 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 17

help... really nervous... have to do a wedding cake for september.. does anyone have a good moist recipe for a cake that will hold up to fondant??
thanks ... any help would be great.... therese

16 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 17

what experience do you have? do you have a standard sponge cake recipe for bc cakes? it may hold up to the extra weight of fondant, if not there are plenty recipes here, for either scratch or mix.
xx

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 17

what experience do you have? do you have a standard sponge cake recipe for bc cakes? it may hold up to the extra weight of fondant, if not there are plenty recipes here, for either scratch or mix.
xx

therese379 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 17

I can ice a cake not to bad..new to all this.. asked to do this to save money for niece... made mmf once.. turned out o.k when I put it on the cake...
not to sure about stacking a 3 teer cake....

therese379 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 17

I can ice a cake not to bad..new to all this.. asked to do this to save money for niece... made mmf once.. turned out o.k when I put it on the cake...
not to sure about stacking a 3 teer cake....

therese379 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 17

wow, I sent the message once... I am not repeating myself...

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 17

I would highly recommend getting sugarshacks DVDs Perfecting the Art of Buttercream, Flawless Fondant, and Successful Stacking. www.sugaredproductions.com
If you've never stacked a tiered cake and smoothing and fondant are new to you it would be wise to start practicing now.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:59pm
post #8 of 17

The wasc recipe is dense and holds up really well with fondant - I use it with different flavors of cake mix too, sometimes I even offer chocolate chip (minis) and people love it! It does tend to not get as tall as I'd like it, so plan on a little more mix than you'd normally use to get the height.

Just make sure and do plenty of reading here on CC to learn what you need to know about filling, stacking, doweling, and covering with fondant techniques for a tiered cake. I remember my first one - it can be nerve wracking, but you can do it!

Renaejrk Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:00pm
post #9 of 17

The wasc recipe is dense and holds up really well with fondant - I use it with different flavors of cake mix too, sometimes I even offer chocolate chip (minis) and people love it! It does tend to not get as tall as I'd like it, so plan on a little more mix than you'd normally use to get the height.

Just make sure and do plenty of reading here on CC to learn what you need to know about filling, stacking, doweling, and covering with fondant techniques for a tiered cake. I remember my first one - it can be nerve wracking, but you can do it!

Renaejrk Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:01pm
post #10 of 17

therese379 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:04pm
post #11 of 17

thanks for all the good advice.. the cakes I've been looking at are very beautiful... way out of my league... I am a quick learner... thankfully the bride wants a simple cake.... thanks again... therese

therese379 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:05pm
post #12 of 17

thanks for all the good advice.. the cakes I've been looking at are very beautiful... way out of my league... I am a quick learner... thankfully the bride wants a simple cake.... thanks again... therese

therese379 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:06pm
post #13 of 17

therese379 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:07pm
post #14 of 17

therese379 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:10pm
post #15 of 17

what??? why are my messages sending several times???? only sent once...honest..

therese379 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:11pm
post #16 of 17

therese379 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:12pm
post #17 of 17

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%