Raw Egg Substitute?

Decorating By sweetideas Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 7:21pm by sweetideas

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 9

I have a recipe for cake that involves using 2 raw eggs. I cannot find pasturized eggs in my community and this is an old recipe for my mom that my grandmother used to make. I am making it for my mother's bday on the 4th. Is there anything I can use as a substitute for raw eggs? I just am not very comfortable using them because my kids will be eating this cake.

Thanks for any ideas.

8 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 9

Aren't you going to bake the cake? If so, the eggs will be cooked after you take it out of the oven.

If you are talking icing, like SMBC or IMBC, then the hot syrup should remove any danger from raw eggs....

karateka Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 9

duplicate icon_confused.gif

karateka Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 9

duplicate icon_confused.gif

karateka Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 9

duplicate post. What happened???

sweetideas Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 9

No, I amened this to say that the cake isn't baked at all. It's more of a desert but it's called a cake. For some reason my edit is on another post by the same name, there is apparently several out there for some reason.

sweetideas Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:19pm
post #7 of 9

No, I amened this to say that the cake isn't baked at all. It's more of a desert but it's called a cake. For some reason my edit is on another post by the same name, there is apparently several out there for some reason.

sweetideas Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:20pm
post #8 of 9

sweetideas Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%