Fondant Or Gumpaste Letters/names And Numbers

Decorating By kathrynscakesncookies Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 5:35pm by mkm25

kathrynscakesncookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathrynscakesncookies Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 5

I need some help figuring icon_confused.gif out how to make a number 8 and a number 1 out of fondant or gumpaste for a cake this weekend. I also need some help with their names...Sloan and Emerson icon_confused.gif . I want to make the rounded, tubular shaped kind. Thanks icon_smile.gif

4 replies
mkm25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkm25 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure if I completely understand what you're asking, but if you want the letters and numbers to be rounded, you could just roll a long gum paste snake and then shape it into the appropriate letter or number. I would definitely use gum paste over fondant so that the letters/numbers dry hard and strong. Does this help?

mkm25 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 5

I'm not sure if I completely understand what you're asking, but if you want the letters and numbers to be rounded, you could just roll a long gum paste snake and then shape it into the appropriate letter or number. I would definitely use gum paste over fondant so that the letters/numbers dry hard and strong. Does this help?

mkm25 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 5

mkm25 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%