Is Wilton Buttercream The Best?

Decorating By QueenJessica Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 3:53pm by icer101

QueenJessica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenJessica Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 4

icon_smile.gif I'VE ONLY EVER USED THE WILTON BUTTERCREAM RECIPE FOR MY CAKES. IS THIS THE BEST OPTION FOR GETTING THE SMOOTHEST CAKE? OR IS THERE A BETTER RECIPE OUT THERE? icon_smile.gif

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 4

Check out the recipe section of this site.......there are many wonderful, great ideas for you to try. These are especially good:

Indydebi's buttercream

Sharon Z's (aka; SugarShack) buttercream

both are highly thought of by others on this site.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 4

on this site.. try indydebi"s recipe.lots of people love that.. try sugarshacks recipe.. try buttercream dream.. so many to try... the wilton class buttercream is not the best to ice your cake. on their site, they have one with the crisco and butter and i use whipping cream instead of water or milk.. it is really good. several on here that is similiar.. but they call it by another name.. the class buttercream. is good for newbies.. it is stable and helps you learn the rose, borders, leaves, etc.. lots of people on here use the swiss meringue buttercream. the italian meringue buttercream,etc. lots of recipes on her for that too. so just take your time.. and try them. and see what YOU LIKE BEST.. hth

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 4

on this site.. try indydebi"s recipe.lots of people love that.. try sugarshacks recipe.. try buttercream dream.. so many to try... the wilton class buttercream is not the best to ice your cake. on their site, they have one with the crisco and butter and i use whipping cream instead of water or milk.. it is really good. several on here that is similiar.. but they call it by another name.. the class buttercream. is good for newbies.. it is stable and helps you learn the rose, borders, leaves, etc.. lots of people on here use the swiss meringue buttercream. the italian meringue buttercream,etc. lots of recipes on her for that too. so just take your time.. and try them. and see what YOU LIKE BEST.. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%