Having A Creative Brain Freeze!! Please Give Me Some Ideas!!

Decorating By hedwards41302 Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 2:49am by auntmamie

hedwards41302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hedwards41302 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 11

I have a client who has ordered a cake. The lady its for use to work for a little country grocery store. She was wanting the cake to be decorated in something to that effect or something related to grocery stores. I have thought of everything and can't come up with any creative ways to do this cake. It will be a 1/4 sheet cake. Please give me some ideas!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

10 replies
iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 11

How about a paper or plastic bag,with the store name/logo on it..with money ..coins and bills beside it,with maybe a milk bottle,loaf of bread,whatever peeking out of the bag...your modeling looks great so you could do them I'm sure...

iownajane Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 11

How about a paper or plastic bag,with the store name/logo on it..with money ..coins and bills beside it,with maybe a milk bottle,loaf of bread,whatever peeking out of the bag...your modeling looks great so you could do them I'm sure...

iownajane Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 11

iownajane Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 11

scrabblemomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrabblemomof1 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 1:04am
post #6 of 11

When I think grocery store, I think Produce. How about a fruit and veg stand. Making the fruits and veggies out of fondant/gumpaste (whatever) with the signs stuck in each bin $2.99lb etc...

...or make a building cake looking like the front of the store with her sitting on the roof or standing at the front door.

...or since it's a sheet cake, the store's grocery bag laying down. you'd just have to add handles on the top of the sheet cake.

hope this helps

maendings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maendings Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 1:24am
post #7 of 11

A little shopping cart or shopping basket; a newspaper add with a picture of her (is she going to retire or something?), an aisle with her behind the cash register ringing up groceries.....
What did she do there? Then there's always a statue of Madge!

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:13am
post #8 of 11

When I think of a county grocery store I see a wooden building with lean to roof covered porch. Barrels on porch and rockers.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:14am
post #9 of 11

When I think of a county grocery store I see a wooden building with lean to roof covered porch. Barrels on porch and rockers.

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:35am
post #10 of 11

i agree with txnonnie--when i think country store barrels of apples comes to mind. maybe a broom in the corrner and yes the covered porch........

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:49am
post #11 of 11

I think of apples, boxes of crackers, tins of sardines, and cans of coffee.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%