Please Help Me!

Decorating By ashepard1981 Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 4:21pm by tiggy2

ashepard1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashepard1981 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 4

I am just getting my feet wet in the cake decorating and i'm having such a hard time getting buttercream smooth! Can someone please tell me what type of butter cream is best and the best way to get it super smooth!! Have to do a cake for a birthday party tomorrow and i dont want to use all fondant! Thanks!

3 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 4

indydebi or sugarshack's recipe is the best IMO. You can use the viva method found in the article section, the melvira roller method found on the front page of CC or a hot bench scraper. For the hot bench scraper heat water and dip scraper in, wipe off water then using a turntable go around the cake keeping the scraper straight up and down and removing some of the icing. Clean the scraper and repeat as necessary until you have a smooth finish. It wont help for this cake but sugar shack has a DVD "Perfecting the Art of Butter Cream" that will help you get a perfectly smooth cake. Her website is www.sugaredproduction.com if you'd like to order it. She takes you step by step through the whole process.

tiggy2 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 4

indydebi or sugarshack's recipe is the best IMO. You can use the viva method found in the article section, the melvira roller method found on the front page of CC or a hot bench scraper. For the hot bench scraper heat water and dip scraper in, wipe off water then using a turntable go around the cake keeping the scraper straight up and down and removing some of the icing. Clean the scraper and repeat as necessary until you have a smooth finish. It wont help for this cake but sugar shack has a DVD "Perfecting the Art of Butter Cream" that will help you get a perfectly smooth cake. Her website is www.sugaredproduction.com if you'd like to order it. She takes you step by step through the whole process.

tiggy2 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%