Whats Going On? Rant Alert!

Decorating By anabelz01 Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 7:13pm by sadsmile

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:33pm
post #61 of 109

It is a shame that we can not vent and voice our frustations without being told "not to come here" if we are annoyed or frustrated with something on the site. The site has become what it is because of us - if no one visited or contributed it would not exist. And this has been going on for a considerable amount of time.......

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:34pm
post #62 of 109

It is a shame that we can not vent and voice our frustations without being told "not to come here" if we are annoyed or frustrated with something on the site. The site has become what it is because of us - if no one visited or contributed it would not exist. And this has been going on for a considerable amount of time.......

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:36pm
post #63 of 109

I did not say "not to come here", I said "you don't have to come here", there is a difference.

veejaytx Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:37pm
post #64 of 109

I did not say "not to come here", I said "you don't have to come here", there is a difference.

veejaytx Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:38pm
post #65 of 109

veejaytx Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:39pm
post #66 of 109

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:59pm
post #67 of 109

Sorry.....site glitches should not be the cause of so much anguish. Yep, Jackie and Heath run the site themselves. Paying a fee won't change that and Heath has stated over and over that they're not going to charge for the site. They are allowed to be away. The maintenance signs come up when the whole shebang comes down. Obviously there are some issues that are beyond the fixing abilities of whoever is "babysitting".
Hold off on posting and uploading pictures. Then you won't be so frustrated. Life is way to short to stress over stuff like a website working perfectly.

Jodie

JodieF Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:00pm
post #68 of 109

Sorry.....site glitches should not be the cause of so much anguish. Yep, Jackie and Heath run the site themselves. Paying a fee won't change that and Heath has stated over and over that they're not going to charge for the site. They are allowed to be away. The maintenance signs come up when the whole shebang comes down. Obviously there are some issues that are beyond the fixing abilities of whoever is "babysitting".
Hold off on posting and uploading pictures. Then you won't be so frustrated. Life is way to short to stress over stuff like a website working perfectly.

Jodie

JodieF Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:01pm
post #69 of 109

Hold off on posting and uploading pictures. Then you won't be so frustrated. Life is way to short to stress over stuff like a website not working perfectly.

Jodie

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:21pm
post #70 of 109

Geez. They're off on their honeymoon! And I couldn't give two flips about the glitches! It will go back to normal, like it always does. I hope this site is the furthest thing from J&H's minds right now.

__Jamie__ Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:21pm
post #71 of 109

Geez. They're off on their honeymoon! And I couldn't give two flips about the glitches! It will go back to normal, like it always does. I hope this site is the furthest thing from J&H's minds right now.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:04am
post #72 of 109

Seems like CC has the hiccups today! Maybe we should all yell (type) BOO!! and scare them away. icon_surprised.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif I think with all the work they have been doing on the site, glitches are still bound to happen. I hope J&H have a great honeymoon.

Gingoodies Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:05am
post #73 of 109

Seems like CC has the hiccups today! Maybe we should all yell (type) BOO!! and scare them away. icon_surprised.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif I think with all the work they have been doing on the site, glitches are still bound to happen. I hope J&H have a great honeymoon.

Gingoodies Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:06am
post #74 of 109

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:21am
post #75 of 109

BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO

bakermommy4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:22am
post #76 of 109

BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO

bakermommy4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:23am
post #77 of 109

BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:12am
post #78 of 109

If anyone that is so frustrated would like to put up the money and their time to start and maintain a website like this they are certainly welcome to do so. Jackie and Heath have lives and full time jobs outside of CC. They maintain this site with their own money and a lot of time and they do this for us and never complain or ask for anything in return. I for one appreciate everything they do and am glad they finally have some free time. It is frustrating for all of us but I can certainly put up with it until they return from their honeymoon and have time to figure out the glitches and correct it. Programming is a lot of trial and error and fixes aren't always quick.

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:26am
post #79 of 109

Tiggy - you go girl!!!!!!!!!!

mcalhoun Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:27am
post #80 of 109

mcalhoun Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:28am
post #81 of 109

mcalhoun Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:29am
post #82 of 109

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:44am
post #83 of 109

If everyone complaining would go back and edit their own postings, there wouldn't be so much cleanup later.
You just go in while you can still delete them and do so.
If you can no longer delete, but can still edit, do so.

Type the new words, hit 'reply', and in about 5 seconds hit your 'stop' button.
Refresh the thread, and it should be changed.

In any case, that is working for me.

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:03am
post #84 of 109

I try not to complain b/c this is a free site. I would pay a fee for this site in a heartbeat so that Jackie and Heath could hire someone to maintain this site and fix the long-awaited improvements. I have donated $$ to CC in the past and would do it again. I know they have other jobs, but perhaps the site has gotten so big that they need some help?

KeltoKel Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:04am
post #85 of 109

I try not to complain b/c this is a free site. I would pay a fee for this site in a heartbeat so that Jackie and Heath could hire someone to maintain this site and fix the long-awaited improvements. I have donated $$ to CC in the past and would do it again. I know they have other jobs, but perhaps the site has gotten so big that they need some help?

KeltoKel Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:05am
post #86 of 109

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:17am
post #87 of 109

That could be Kelto. I would pay too. This site is so entertaining and every once awhile I learn something new too!

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:18am
post #88 of 109

That could be Kelto. I would pay too. This site is so entertaining and every once awhile I learn something new too!

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:19am
post #89 of 109

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:54am
post #90 of 109

glad to know im not the only one having problems . I have AOL and i kept getting the main page that said server updates since saturday i decided to try with internet explorer and BAM it works i wonder what all these problems are from?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%