Help Please! Square Sps With Separation

Decorating By sister340 Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 10:21pm by leah_s

sister340 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sister340 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 5

I'm trying to decide what sps to order. Cake will be a 13, 9 & 5" squares with 3" separation between tiers. I've read the SPS instructions on the sticky. The cake she wants looks like the bottom tier is 5" high, the middle is 4" and the top is 3".

I think I need to order (or cut to fit if I can't find it) an 8" leg and 9" plate and a 7" leg and 5" plate.

First time for a separated cake, lots of questions in my mind, I have a month to get it all straight in my head, but need to get SPS ordered.

Thanks for helping me think.

jn

4 replies
Bonnie1462 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnie1462 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 1:04am
post #2 of 5

Oasis Supply has square SPS but I think they only have 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18. http://www.oasisupply.com/Products/Products.asp?Page=3

They also have the columns that come in 4" and 9" ... do a search for GC4S and GC9S. I have ordered from them before and if you email or call them, they are very helpful. HTH.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:17am
post #3 of 5

You are correct on 9 and 5 inch plates that you need to order. The only thing is that the legs only come in 4 and 9" heights as Bonnie said. So you will just have to order a bag of 9 inch legs and cut them to size. (Although I have heard that is petty tough). You'll need 8 legs - I think they come in a pack of 12.

sister340 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sister340 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 5

thank you for your answers! its good to have a little support before purchasing something. I found them on Oasis and did need to change sizes to get the squares I needed. Think it will be okay. Ordered the bag of 9" legs, GC 9S like Enda recommended and you concurred. Will have to cut them, hubby to the rescue, I'm sure!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 5

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. The SPS legs come in 4", 5" + 2, 2" extensions and 9". The 5" legs + 1 of the 2" extensions are perfect for a cake with separations. Buy the "Multi-piece leg." You'll wind up with a bag of 5" legs and a bunch of the 2" extensions. Place one of the 2" extensions on the 5" leg and you have a perfect 7" leg.

The idea with SPS is don't cut if you don't have to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%