First Time Convention Question

Decorating By cakewalkky Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 10:01pm by Bossy

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:42pm
post #31 of 35

Beaumont is about 4 hours from here. My grandmother use to live there. I'm in Tyler, about two hours east of Dallas.

I'd plan ahead and carry a box for them. You can always break it down and fold it up and put it in your suitcase with a little tape. I'd also take some tissue paper or something you can place around the flowers to keep them from bumping into each other. Maybe some packing peanuts or bubble wrap.

I'm in Zane's Baby Elephant class. Thankfully driving or rather riding up there, so I don't have to worry flying. I did fly to my first convention with a dummy cake and carried it on the plane in a cake box. That was pre 911 days though.

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:58pm
post #32 of 35

ICES in Orlando was my first convention! I was able to go to the volunteer booth and volunteer at demos so I could get in more. Had to get there a little early to number seats and help demonstrator set up and then collect tickets at the door. But once the demo started I was free to watch until after everyone left, then did some cleanup and left. I had a great time talking with the presenters as they set up!

Bossy Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:59pm
post #33 of 35

ICES in Orlando was my first convention! I was able to go to the volunteer booth and volunteer at demos so I could get in more. Had to get there a little early to number seats and help demonstrator set up and then collect tickets at the door. But once the demo started I was free to watch until after everyone left, then did some cleanup and left. I had a great time talking with the presenters as they set up!

Bossy Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:00pm
post #34 of 35

Bossy Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:01pm
post #35 of 35

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%