First Time Convention Question

Decorating By cakewalkky Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 10:01pm by Bossy

cakewalkky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewalkky Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 35

Well this year will be my first time to convention. I got 4 standby demonstration tickets. How hard is it to get into the demos on the standby tics? Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

34 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:53am
post #2 of 35

If it's a super popular presenter, a very unusual subject, or a new hot topic technique, it may be difficult to use a wild card. Other than that, it should be pretty easy.

Rae

BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:54am
post #3 of 35

If it's a super popular presenter, a very unusual subject, or a new hot topic technique, it may be difficult to use a wild card. Other than that, it should be pretty easy.

Rae

BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:55am
post #4 of 35

Rae

BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:56am
post #5 of 35

Rae

BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:12am
post #6 of 35

Rae

BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:13am
post #7 of 35

Rae

BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:14am
post #8 of 35

Rae

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:14am
post #9 of 35

You can take them to the demo registration booth and trade in your stand by tickets for tickets to any open demo. If the demo is full then you can wait and see if someone doesn't show up for the demo (which happens.) and trade it in at the demo door.

I already know what 4 demo's I want to use my standbys for and will be trading them in first chance I get. That way I know I'll get the demo's I want ahead of time and not have to stand in line and wait to see if there are openings.

BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:15am
post #10 of 35

Rae

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:15am
post #11 of 35

You can take them to the demo registration booth and trade in your stand by tickets for tickets to any open demo. If the demo is full then you can wait and see if someone doesn't show up for the demo (which happens.) and trade it in at the demo door.

I already know what 4 demo's I want to use my standbys for and will be trading them in first chance I get. That way I know I'll get the demo's I want ahead of time and not have to stand in line and wait to see if there are openings.

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:16am
post #12 of 35

repeat.

BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:18am
post #13 of 35

Rae

BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:19am
post #14 of 35

Rae

BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:20am
post #15 of 35

Rae

TERESSAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TERESSAK Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:26am
post #16 of 35

Where & when is the convention?
New to list so forgive me if I am just ovverlooking it .

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:46pm
post #17 of 35

Check out ICES.org and ices09.org

It is the July 30 through August 2 in St Charles, IL.

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:47pm
post #18 of 35

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:48pm
post #19 of 35

TERESSAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TERESSAK Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:17pm
post #20 of 35

THANK YOU

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:35pm
post #21 of 35

First off I am asking this only one time so if it repeats several times ~ it's not me doing it!

I have a question about transporting my hand-on pieces back home. I will be flying and not sure how to pack my pieces as carry on on the airplane.

Any suggestions and tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, cb detective.gif

cblupe Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:36pm
post #22 of 35

First off I am asking this only one time so if it repeats several times ~ it's not me doing it!

I have a question about transporting my hand-on pieces back home. I will be flying and not sure how to pack my pieces as carry on on the airplane.

cblupe Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:37pm
post #23 of 35

cblupe Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:38pm
post #24 of 35

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:49pm
post #25 of 35

What demo's are you doing? Will they be fragile pieces? How many hands on demo's are you taking?

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:50pm
post #26 of 35

What demo's are you doing? Will they be fragile pieces? How many hands on demo's are you taking?

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:51pm
post #27 of 35

cblupe Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:41pm
post #28 of 35

Hey Texas Sugar ~ I was just in Houston this past weekend for my neice's wedding. I am from Beaumont. Where are you?

I am in the following hands-on demos:

a) Nicholas Lodge - pansies and violets
b) Maisie Parrish - Girl in Red
c) Kelly Lance - Bug's Party

You - are you in any hands-on demos?

Carol

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:40pm
post #29 of 35

Beaumont is about 4 hours from here. My grandmother use to live there. I'm in Tyler, about two hours east of Dallas.

I'd plan ahead and carry a box for them. You can always break it down and fold it up and put it in your suitcase with a little tape. I'd also take some tissue paper or something you can place around the flowers to keep them from bumping into each other. Maybe some packing peanuts or bubble wrap.

I'm in Zane's Baby Elephant class. Thankfully driving or rather riding up there, so I don't have to worry flying. I did fly to my first convention with a dummy cake and carried it on the plane in a cake box. That was pre 911 days though.

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm
post #30 of 35

Beaumont is about 4 hours from here. My grandmother use to live there. I'm in Tyler, about two hours east of Dallas.

I'd plan ahead and carry a box for them. You can always break it down and fold it up and put it in your suitcase with a little tape. I'd also take some tissue paper or something you can place around the flowers to keep them from bumping into each other. Maybe some packing peanuts or bubble wrap.

I'm in Zane's Baby Elephant class. Thankfully driving or rather riding up there, so I don't have to worry flying. I did fly to my first convention with a dummy cake and carried it on the plane in a cake box. That was pre 911 days though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%