Humor, Leg Injured..65Yrs Birthday..help, Ideas.

Decorating By sweetcravings Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 12:51am by sweetcravings

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 4

Well, to give you a little back info. My mom is turning 65this week and we initally were going to take her out of town with the whole family to have a vacation out of town. Turns out she hurt her knee really badly this week and is just recently started to walk again without a cane. Up till now she couldn't even walk. Well, the trip had to be cancelled and we are now scrambling to figure out a way to celebrate. I think we are going to go out to dinner and get a cake. I won't be making it as things just have been so crazy and time doesn't allow at this time. Anyway, we will likely get a dairy queen cake or something pretty easy since we have had no time to prepare for this.
I need ideas on what to put on the cake that might add some humor to this situation without dwelling on the fact that she is hurt. I think dairy queen will put clipart on the cake if we want but i can't find anything that would make light of her knee injury and make her laugh. She is pretty bummed that she is unable to golf etc..but is able to laugh about the fact that the cane she bought for her older aunt is now being used for her.
Any ideas on what i can put on the cake, or catchy phrases. I've just lost all creative juices right now from fatigue and stress over the situation.
I need an idea by morning...ugh

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 4

Some people will do ANYTHING to get sympathy on their 65th birthday!

Tease me about my age -- I beat you with my cane!

Bad Knee + Cane = 65 Golf Handicap (oh, right that's your age, not your handicap!)

It's a CANE -- not a PUTTER!

sweetcravings Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:50am
post #3 of 4

Wow Doug, those are such funny suggestions. I'm gonna pass them on to my sis. Thanks for all the help. Such a stressful time for us all, it's hard to find humor in it all, but your quotes made me laugh. ;0)

sweetcravings Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:51am
post #4 of 4

Wow Doug, those are such funny suggestions. I'm gonna pass them on to my sis. Thanks for all the help. Such a stressful time for us all, it's hard to find humor in it all, but your quotes made me laugh. ;0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%