Did I See This Right? What Anna From Aoc Did On Challenge?

Decorating By bourbs Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 6:18am by anasasi

bourbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bourbs Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 11:30pm
post #31 of 36

Thank you for all the replies. That makes sense about the plastic! I'm definately going to try that.

Blessings, Marie

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:46am
post #32 of 36

I want to see that Challenge! I can't believe that I missed it, so I just pre set my DVR for Saturday!! Can't wait!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:47am
post #33 of 36

I want to see that Challenge! I can't believe that I missed it, so I just pre set my DVR for Saturday!! Can't wait!

anasasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasasi Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 6:16am
post #34 of 36

deleted duplicate message

anasasi Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 6:18am
post #35 of 36

I tried the plastic "buffer" on my cake, which was covered in modeling chocolate, and it worked incredibly well! In fact, I plan on using this on all my cakes from here on out. What I accidentally stumbled upon in the process was the fact that the magnified side of my plastic worked even better than the smooth side (used a large magnifying sheet cut down to 3" x 4" rounded rectangles). I absolutely loved using this on the cakes I covered in modeling chocolate because the ridged side actually worked something to the effect of sandpaper, filing down any bumps. The smooth side buffed everything up to a nice shine. Highly recommend trying it out, though I'm not sure how it'd work on fondant.

anasasi Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 6:18am
post #36 of 36

I tried the plastic "buffer" on my cake, which was covered in modeling chocolate, and it worked incredibly well! In fact, I plan on using this on all my cakes from here on out. What I accidentally stumbled upon in the process was the fact that the magnified side of my plastic worked even better than the smooth side (used a large magnifying sheet cut down to 3" x 4" rounded rectangles). I absolutely loved using this on the cakes I covered in modeling chocolate because the ridged side actually worked something to the effect of sandpaper, filing down any bumps. The smooth side buffed everything up to a nice shine. Highly recommend trying it out, though I'm not sure how it'd work on fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%