Order For 20 Individual Tiffany Boxes.what Would You Charge?

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 7:36pm by cylstrial

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 12:33pm
post #1 of 9

I have a customer that wants 20 single serving size or individual tiffany boxes for her daughters bridal shower. I just emailed her back and asked if she wanted them filled and if she was supplying plates for them or wanted cake boards. Just to get a better idea for pricing. What would you charge for these, unfilled on foil boards?

8 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 9

I'd probably do them like petit fours only make them 2 X 2 X 2 covered in a poured icing, then make the "lid" of the box and the bow out of fondant.

For this I'd charge $12- $15 each.......decorating mini's is a real pain.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 9

I would definitely be in the $12-$15 range. I assume anyone who wanted this would realize that they want 20 individually decorated cakes. I agree with Dee about the size, but I would cover with fondant. That would give the smooth box look and keep a consistent look from top to sides.

With a little planning, it can go quickly if you cut the boxes all the same size with a ruler, make all the bows at the same time, cut ribbon strips at the same time, etc.

ttehan4 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:19pm
post #4 of 9

That is what I was thinking. Like a little assembly line. Ive done a large tiffany box for this same client before. It was my first box. She is a very good customer and she hasnt booked me yet for her daughters wedding cake. So I might give her a little discount... maybe!

I was also thinking of just baking a jelly roll layer and using square cookie cutter and cutting out the layers of cake, like the cake lady did on amazing cakes show with the ring. That might make it easy too.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:28pm
post #5 of 9

I love making mini cakes. I would think the $12 - $15 range is good but I don't charge. I prefered using a square cake tin for the mini cakes. If you don't cut straight, it really does show. My DH tried helping me and the cake sides where angled. It really made the day hard.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:36pm
post #6 of 9

I think the square cookie cutter is the way to go. Make sure the cake is well chilled, through and through. You want the cut-outs from the center of the cake to be as crisp as the edges. Probable several hours in the coldest part of your fridge.

Remember, that pricing is solid. This will be a huge visual impact. Mix fondant for all at the same time so you don't have wacky color variation. Good luck!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 9

I saw the subject line and thought "Charge out the ying yang"! Those things are going to take you A LOT of time!

ttehan4 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:45pm
post #8 of 9

cylstrial .. Im still laughing. I hope the assembly line will speed them up. Or it could look like a I love Lucy episode.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 7:36pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttehan4

cylstrial .. Im still laughing. I hope the assembly line will speed them up. Or it could look like a I love Lucy episode.

Hehe!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%