Best Time To Upload Cake Pictures

Decorating By tripleE Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 7:01am by tripleE

tripleE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleE Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 7

Just wondering when it's the best time to post pictures. Seems like I get little to no feedback, and I've tried all different days and all different times. Is one time better than others? I appreciate the opinions/comments/critiques of all you wonderful decorators.

This is the cake I posted today--a few lookers, no feedback!
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1404504

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:12am
post #2 of 7

You'll notice there isn't as much traffic on CC on the weekends.
Folks with orders have been finishing them, delivering them, cleaning up after them, and slumping in a chair in front of the newest Food Network Challenge. This is my first chance to be here myself, and it's after 9 pm my time. It picks back up on Monday.
There are so many cakes being uploaded these days, it's hard to even look at more than a fraction of them.
Regarding the feedback... Many people seem reluctant to give feedback; there have been too many posts complaining about the quality of it, that it seems better not to say anything at all.
edited to add:
I just looked, you have 5 comments now. icon_biggrin.gif

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:11am
post #3 of 7

I know what you mean, I rarely get comments. When I do, it's usually because I've referenced a pic in a thread..

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:30am
post #4 of 7

i feel the sam eway when i look at pics i try my best to leave some kind of praise or comment, but i find for every 100 views you might get 3 comments if your lucky. i would love feed back but i feel no one ever sees my pics

jojocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojocakes Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:32am
post #5 of 7

Hi tripleE, just wanted to share with you that if you go to the forum under "General" there is a thread on the subject of "Comments on Cakes" by stephanie214 that might help you better understand. HTH

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:52am
post #6 of 7

I live in Japan, and so I not only rarely get comments, they are rarely viewed either. But, ever view makes me smile, and that's enough for me.

tripleE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleE Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 7:01am
post #7 of 7

Thanks, all of you! I'm so rarely on the site (not that I don't want to be) that I didn't know all the logistics. Seems like it's changed a bit since I first started up on this site. Now I know. Again, thanks! icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%