Need Some Insight On Pricing A Cake In Englewood, Florida

Business By Mindy1975 Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 3:02pm by Mindy1975

Mindy1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mindy1975 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guys. I'm hoping you can help me out here. My niece is getting married on the beach on July 30th, but having a reception in September, here in Illinois, where we all live. My sister in law was telling me today that the bride has decided that she wants a small cake at her "reception" that they are having that evening after the wedding. They are having a dinner at THE GULF VIEW GRILL after the ceremony. Anyway, my sister in-law was just going to go to Publix and get a nice round white cake and put some flowers on top. ( she is a florist). But the bride found some sort of two tier present looking cake that she liked, on the Publix website that she likes. Ok, there is one problem, there is no price listed, and it might look like it is too big of servings for the amount of people she is having at the dinner. The cake only needs to feed 30 ppl. at the very most. 1/2 white, 1/2 chocolate. White iced, with a nice white ribbon around the bottom. Can anyone give me some info on what the tiered cake from Publix would cost and how many it will serve, and also if any of you decorators near Englewood, would like to provide your services for a round cake, ( i'm thinking 10" round) and what you would charge plus delivering it The GULF VIEW GRILL. My sister in law has already checked and they will accept cakes from outside parties brought in. It doesn't have to be one of theirs. I appreciate any responses ahead of time, and keep in mind that I am researching this for my niece, who might totally get mad at me for "getting in the way", and she might totally take control over this situation without telling me. lol Thanks for any input! Mindy

3 replies
shkepa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shkepa Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:35am
post #2 of 4

Publix cakes can run about $4-$5 a sliceI dont know about the present cake I would call and ask. As a cake decorator if I had to purcahse a cake publix would be the only place I would go.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:32am
post #3 of 4

You can definitely call and ask. They will give you a quote. They have their wedding cakes on their website so you can even look at it and tell them exactly which one by name that you want the quote for.

Mindy1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mindy1975 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much for your quick responses you guys. I called down there this morning and talked to the manager in the bakery. She was very helpful. The good thing was that my sister in law will be able to order the cake when she goes down there. Thank you once again for your help! Mindy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%