Making Cake Decorations.

Decorating By pamela82 Updated 28 Jun 2009 , 12:55am by kakeladi

pamela82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamela82 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 2

Hello all,

My 3 year old son wanted a scooby doo cake for his birthday but here in SA i was finding it hard to find anything to put on his cake to do with scooby doo and knew i would not get a cake tin to make him a special one.

So i ended up making my own decorations for the cake (silly me did not take a photo had no camera) but it was easy and simple.

All i did was found some stickers or wrapping paper with scooby doo and all his friends on them. Got some toothpicks and took one sticker and placed a toothpick on the sticky part then put it on some green paper (to match is cake) and then cut around the stick tape. One it was all done i put it into the cake it looks so exellent and he had his scooby doo cake.

Also my sons pirate party is coming up and his cake is small but his name is to long to put on it. I went to the craft shop got some letters in his name they was about 3cm x 4cm and panted them black and also stuck them onto tooth picks. I am planning on putting them on cupcakes so he has his name thier.

the list gose on for these. And if your not like me and dont like making them out of fondant this is the way to go then you can use them again or keep as a keepsafe.

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 12:55am
post #2 of 2

Those are some excellent suggestions - especially for beginners. Many want everything on the cake to be edible so they will make similar using frosting sheet pix attached to fondant or gumpaste, and still others might try choco transfers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%