Baby Converse Shoes

Decorating By veronica970206 Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 9:17pm by veronica970206

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 16

Does anyone know where I can get a template on here to make the baby converse gym shoes? I have searched on here and I cannot find it anywhere. If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you sooooo much in advance!!!!

Sincerely,
Veronica

15 replies
woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 16

Found this last night...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1163795

FYI: Go to the gallery and there is a section for templates..
HTH!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 16

Her template is awesome. I've made those shoes several times. I gave a little "bling" to the last pair I just posted. They're so much fun to do!

Jodie
LL

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

Her template is awesome. I've made those shoes several times. I gave a little "bling" to the last pair I just posted. They're so much fun to do!

Jodie

How do you print them out to life size?? I had trouble printing them as they printed suuuuper tiny icon_sad.gif

JodieF Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 16

Right click on the template and do a save image as, then open if from wherever you saved it. For me, it opens in Microsoft Office Picture Manager. When I click print, I get the option of choosing full page print. Then everything is the right size.

Jodie

woodruffbn Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 16

I traced mine right off the screen! LOL icon_lol.gif

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 8:54pm
post #7 of 16

Thanks for the info. I have a MAC which sometimes makes it difficult for me....I know it is supposed to be the best....but I hate it!!

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 9:16pm
post #8 of 16

JodieF those are lovely shoes but what do you use as a former for the shoes.

woodruffbn Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 9:25pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee-Y

JodieF those are lovely shoes but what do you use as a former for the shoes.

It's a template. I posted the link above. You print it off and cut your gumpaste/fondant in those shapes. Go to the link and she gives pretty good instuctions.

JodieF Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 10:45pm
post #10 of 16

I don't use a former. I roll a snake of plastic wrap to tuck into the toe to hold that shape. I use fairly stiff fondant/gumpaste and hold up the sides for a minute so they'll stand. Once the shoe is all together I'll tuck in a ball of paper towel to hold up the tongue and hold the sides in place while it dries.

HTH

Jodie

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 12:31am
post #11 of 16

I made my first pair a couple a weeks ago they came out so cute it was for a boy baby shower I made the mold and pieced it day by day can't wait to do it again good luck

Molly2

veronica970206 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:14pm
post #12 of 16

I soooooooooooo cannot wait to make these, how far in advance do I need to make these? How do you get the sides to hold up? Do you use RI or water/extract? What do you use to prop it up with to get it to hold or do you just hold it? Thank you soooooooo much for finding it for me, I dont know how you did it, but I could not find it for the life of me, so sad, LOL. You all are the best!!!

Sincerely,
Veronica

JodieF Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:34pm
post #13 of 16

I usually cut out the bottom of the shoe and the two side pieces first. I do the "stitching" and then let them dry to stiffen up some. I use water to attach things, and I just hold the two side pieces until they'll stand up fairly well, then put on the tongue piece and tuck in a snake of plastic wrap to hold that up. Then I tuck in a ball of paper towel to hold up the tongue piece and the sides. I add the toe cover. Then you add the little strips of fondant at the back of the shoes, then all the way around the bottom. It's a bit tricky for the first shoe, but then the second shoe is easier!

Jodie

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:38pm
post #14 of 16

JodieF - great instructions and advise - THANKS!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 7:37pm
post #15 of 16

I made a shoe mold and then I laid piece by piece on the mold as each piece dried I glued the together with piping gel

Molly
LL

veronica970206 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 9:17pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks for the details, you are a gem!!! I love that pic, they came out perfectly!!!! I hope mine look that good, LOL. My Husband's Cousin is having a boy, and her baby shower is in 3 weeks, so I thought I would love to make these, and why not try it out. I will be keeping my fingers crossed on this one, lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%