Nervous....

Business By momma28 Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 2:16am by Renaejrk

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 13

The frog prince grooms cake I delivered yesterday is not going to be eaten until Saturday and the woman I delivered it to is transporting it 2 times, once from work where she had it delivered to home and then from home to the wedding 2 hours away. The heat is an issue here, its been very hot in southern Virginia. I typed out handling instructions...told her to keep the cake refrigerated until 2 1/2 hours before serving (I know its fondant but I refrigerate them and just let the sweat it out as they come to room temp, if you dont touch them they dry fine) Run the air in her car before loading in the cake etc. I also made her sign that she received the cake as ordered and undamaged on her invoice.

All that said I am nervous that something will happen while she is transporting and then it looks like crud when she arrives and reflects poorly on my work. I wish I didnt get so darn attached to my creations LOL

12 replies
kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 4:19am
post #2 of 13

I hope everything works out alright. icon_smile.gif

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 4:25am
post #3 of 13

that's gotta be tough - having to let someone transport it like that! Good luck and I will pray for safe delivery!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 13

I hope it gets there safely as well. At least you ARE covered though if something does happen. But I think we all know how important it is to you that it gets there safely!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 13

Good luck *fingers crossed* Let us know how it arrived, if they let you know...

jojocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojocakes Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:27pm
post #6 of 13

I know exactly how you feel. I would much rather deliver the cake myself so that I know the cake gets there safely but every once in a while I get someone who wants to pick up the cake (and its always someone picking it up for them) and you just know they're not going to take care of the cake like as if it was for them, so there I am praying and hoping the cake gets to the customer the same way it left.
I feel ya!!!
Let us know how everything turns out...I'm sure it will be fine.

Mabma80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mabma80 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 4:32pm
post #7 of 13

Here is what I say. SHe signed the thing that it was delivered to HER as ordered and it looked fine. She takes on the responsibility of it potentially getting damaged while transporting it herself as much as she's going to. Just let it go. As long as you got your picture, your money, and that signed piece of paper, you're good.

Yeah, you get attached to it, but eventually it gets eaten. So one way or another, it's gonna be gone. It's her risk not yours.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 9:01pm
post #8 of 13

how large was the cake? Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I too get really nervous when my cakes leave .... some people don't realize how careful you really need to be.

momma28 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 1:13pm
post #9 of 13

I have not heard from her so I guess it arrived ok yesterday. Hopefully I dont get a call Monday saying it fell over in her car, or melted because she left it in there with no a/c. Still praying icon_smile.gif I'll let you know.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 1:29pm
post #10 of 13

........ Hopefully I dont get a call Monday saying it fell over in her car, or melted because she left it in there with no a/c. Still praying Smile I'll let you know........

Even if you do.......*it is not your fault* and you take NO grief about it! It is all her responsibility and she signed that she is aware of that.
Don't let this worry you one bit.....it's totally out of your hands.

momma28 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 1:50am
post #11 of 13

I spoke to the women who ordered the frog prince cake today. I asked how the cake went over and she started giggling and said" That cake had just as many pictures taken of it as the couple! Everyone LOVED it!" It arrived in great shape YAY!!!! She said they even took a pic of the bride kissing it LOL. She also said it was delicious and that more people ate that cake than the wedding cake and that the wedding cake tasted horrible and wasnt even pretty icon_sad.gif I hate hearing that and I hope she didnt tell the couple that!! I feel so bad for the couple (bride especially) who paid good money for, and were looking forward to the cake.

I am so relieved that everything went well and that they loved him icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:02am
post #12 of 13

I'm glad that it turned out great! The frog survived the long car ride with a cake civilian!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:16am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

a cake civilian!

I'm soooo stealing that!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%