I Can't Stay In My Seat..

Lounge By jdrew Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 6:26pm by jdrew

jdrew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdrew Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 5

I might have a job interview today. I spoke to the guy Wednesday on the phone. He told me to email my resume and cover letter to him. Then he asked how my Friday looked. I told him I can leave work when I want, which is true. He then told me he will look at my resume and get back with me. I did email it late Wednesday night. I have heard anything from him. Should I call to see if he got it? I know he is town to do interview this week and next week going back home.

HAAA I really want this job!!

4 replies
Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 5

yes it's ok to call to see if he got it to set up and interview.

jdrew Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 5

I don't think I'm getting an interview. He just showed up at my work. He's a vendor for my company. I about fell out of my seat when I heard him talking to my boss. I sure hope he didn't tell her that I applied for a job with his company. He showed his product and just left. When he passed by my office he said "nice to see you again".

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 5

in my experience in the business world, the qualified job seekers who showed the most interest and determination were always among the top candidates. an email is probably better than a phone call because a phone call can be construed as obtrusive. however, depending on the person you are interviewing with, a phone call might be the best option.

however, the vendor you applied with, in my opinion, showed terrible professional behavior, in showing up at your workplace without letting you know in advance. it shows a total lack of courtesy and professionalism. at the very least, it shows a lack of human concern. this would certainly cause anxiety in 99% of folks and for him not to realize the position he was putting you in, tells me he would not be a great fellow to work for.

i doubt he'd tell your boss that you applied because he will not want to jeopardize his account with her by making her angry that he was "poaching" from his customers.

diane

jdrew Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 5

Yeah, you're right Diane.

Thanks for the advice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%