Dairy Free Cake Question

Decorating By klacrawford Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 11:00pm by mirda6275

klacrawford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klacrawford Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:51am
post #1 of 6

I used ducan hines white cake with egg replacer and the cake came out fine- it didnt rise too much but it didnt sink either. I tried the ducan hines lemon with egg replacer and the cake came out super moist and basically fell apart. If anyone has any tips or recipes for a dairy free/ nut free cake please share. I looked in the recipes and found 1 that only had 1 star rating lol. The lady wanting this cake really wanted lemon if at all possible.
Thanks a ton !!

5 replies
clopin0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clopin0 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:17am
post #2 of 6

I've only made one egg-free cake, and after tyring several egg replacers, this is the one that I used. I used a Duncan Heines cake mix and the texture of the cake came out perfect. None of the guests at the party had any idea that the cake was egg-free.

Egg Replacer (equivalent to 3 whole eggs):

1/4 c. natural applesauce
4 Tbs. water
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
4 tsp. baking powder

I hope this helps!

Janelle

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 6

Why can you not use eggs? Eggs are not dairy icon_confused.gif . Are you trying to make a vegan cake with no animal by-product? Please clarify, maybe I'm missing something.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 6

Also, check the package ingredients for other "dairy" items. Also, eggs are not dairy.

klacrawford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klacrawford Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 6

Guess its part of his allergy. Mom said no dairy and that -that included eggs. I had the child in my class last year and she said eggs are included in his severe allergy.

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 6

I haven't eaten it, but Cherrybrook Kitchen sells boxed cake mix (yellow and chocolate) that is dairy free, egg free and peanut and nut free. 1 box makes a 9" round cake. I've found their products at most larger grocery stores.

http://www.cherrybrookkitchen.com/

hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%