Do You Like To Use Jet-Puffed Mms To Make Mmf?

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 10:42pm by BillaCakes

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 9

I've been immersing myself in this site over the past several days, and I came across a post on page 30 or so that talked about using store brand marshmallows when making MMF. Some said that store-brand were superior to jet puffed.

I bought 3 bags of 16oz jet puffed marshmallows to make my first batches of MMF. I always thought that jet-puffed were the best brand, and they would be the best to use.

Any feedback is appreciated!
TIA!

8 replies
kwineinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwineinger Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 9

I have always used the store brand from walmart and never had a problem! However the Albertson's brand was a big sticky mess!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 9

I've used both Acme and Kraft brands of jet-puffed MM and I've never had a problem. They both melted well in the microwave and on the stovetop, as well.

HTH

MrsRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsRodriguez Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 9

sorry but im new to this site and I don't know what MMF means, in my opinion tho i would use what ever i'm used to using.

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 9

I have used jet puffed and kraft. Haven't had a problem with either.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 9

MrsRodriguez...MMF is Marshmallow Fondant icon_smile.gif

flowersns3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowersns3 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:51pm
post #7 of 9

I always use jet-puff, I tried the noname ones before and found that the MMF became to stiff and didn't roll well.

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 10:01pm
post #8 of 9

I have used the kraft but i prefer to use the no-name brand because i can buy a huge bag of them and i never have any problems with them icon_smile.gif

BillaCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BillaCakes Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 10:42pm
post #9 of 9

Interesting question! I've used both and I had problems with the Jet puffed being really sticky in the bag which drove me crazy. It came out just as beautifully as the generic, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the store brand for price and quantity, not to mention, no stickiness. Of course, it could just be the heat and humidity of living in Central Texas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%