Have You Used Fondarific Flavored Fondant

Decorating By tiggy2 Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 7:18pm by CeeTee

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 14

I just saw the new flavors of fondarific on Global Sugar Arts site and was wondering if anyone has used them yet. If so how do they taste and how does the workability compare to satin ice?

13 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 14

Wow! I did not know that GSA was carrying it now. Yes I have used it and I totally love it. I however will order it directly from the company as I am crazy about thier customer service. The Buttercream is awesome. The vanilla is also very good. If you get the frut flavors I would just use them as decorations but I know some people use it to totally cover cakes.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 14

WOW I did not know that Globalsugarart was carring it either thanks for the info, I will buy it from them and it is the cheapest that I have seen so far, and globalsugarart had a good customer service and reputation too, I have ordered from them and got my stuff very quickly, I have never made a cake with it but I have gotten samples and have tasted it and it tastes great.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 14

Tiggy,

If you go to Fondarific's website, you can order a sample pack for $6. It comes with their standard flavors (vanilla, buttercream, and chocolate) as well as your choice of two of their other flavors.

There was a mix up on my order and customer service was great and fixed it, even better than I requested, right away.

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 14

I'm so excited about trying the buttercream! I went to the website, but couldn't find the sample order for $6.00. Is that something you have to contact customer service and ask for?

cs_confections Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 14

If you click on shopping cart, it will open a new window. There you can order their products, including the sample packs. It's actually www.shop.fondarific.com.

ETA: Oops, more to that: http://shop.fondarific.com/main.sc

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:14am
post #7 of 14

They have a 12pack of samples at this website for $6.99.

http://www.cakesupplies4u.com/Departments/All-Products/Search-by-Vendor/Fondarific/Colored-Fondant.aspx

Its at the very bottom.

Uniqueask Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:48pm
post #8 of 14

You get all the flavors from cakessupplies4u, but it is way smaller, I bought the sample from them, before I knew about the sample from fonderific, and I am way happier with the sample from fonderific it is a lot more, you can actually make one flower or teo cookies from it

Uniqueask Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:51pm
post #9 of 14

I mean two

audree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audree Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 3:37am
post #10 of 14

I just used the black buttercream flavored fondarific today and it is awesome! I love it--it is so easy to work with and smelled so good--I didn't taste it, it was BLACK! Anyway, I am totally sold on it--it is so easy to work with! icon_smile.gif

jeweledgypsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeweledgypsy Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 3:07am
post #11 of 14

I just received my first order of Fondarific yesterday and it was liquified. Is this normal? I haven't used it before and wanted to try it out. Now I am not so sure!

cs_confections Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 5:34pm
post #12 of 14

On the back of the card that came with mine were these instructions:

"Fondarific in Summer Months. Do not be alarmed if Fonadarific is very soft and buttery. Let Fondarific return to room temperture and knead the bloom (white coating) if present back into the product. This will not affect the quality of Fondarific.

Fondarific in Winter Months. Fondarific may arrive hard. Put Fondarific in the microwave for 10 seconds per pound. DO NOT OVER HEAT if you do, allow product to return to room temperture, knead and you are ready to roll out Fondarific.

No powdered sugar, conrstarch or shortening is necessary for rolling Fondarific."

Hope that helps!

jeweledgypsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeweledgypsy Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 9:56pm
post #13 of 14

Thanks so much. This is exactly what mine did when I checked it the next morning. Glad to know that this is normal and that mine had not gone bad. I wasn't going to use it, but now that I know that it is ok, I can't wait to try it.

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 7:18pm
post #14 of 14

I ordered some Fondariffic last spring (buttercream and some flavored samples) and had mixed results. It tasted great, but it was too soft to make decorations with. Mixing in gumpaste helped some, but the practice roses I made with it never did fully dry out and set. After a couple of days it looked like they were melting.

I also had the problem with it forming a white film. I was able to knead it back into the buttercream version ok, but the flavored ones turned into plastic-y goop. (I did not have an instruction/heat warning card with my order) I think it's not that the product is bad, but that I live in a part of the country where it's too hot for it work properly. It does seem to be very sensetive to heat.

If I ever order it again, it would be for use on cookies and cupcakes, and I'll place my order in the winter time. I would not use to cover a full size cake or for decorations. For that I'll stick to Fondx and Satin Ice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%