How Can I Make This Cake Topper?

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 6:17pm by cakeinthebox4U

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 3

Hi All!

I am having issues downloading a pic to my comment here. Cake Central User Iva1976 has a cake titled "Justin's Birthday Cake". On it she has a #4
cake topper. I have seen many toppers like this on other cakes. Sharon Zambito has it on several of her cakes as well. It does not look like any cookie/cake cutter that has been pre-made.

Does anyone know how it is made? I PM Iva1976, but it usually takes a few days before I get a reply back from a PM message.

I am sorry that a pic was not able to be downloaded, if you would like to take the time and plug her username in the search field I would appreciate any tips....

Thank you

2 replies
kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 3

I'm not sure how she made that topper, could be gumpaste, could be a chocolate transfer, hopefully someone else can help! but here's the link to the pic

cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 3

You can either use gumpaste or fondant with a lot of tylose added to it (sharon Z's way) print a template off the computer of what ever font you are looking for, cut it out and let dry for a few days until strong enough to support it's own weight. Attach it with sucker sticks to the back using melted chocolate. HTH icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%