Need Help With A Cupcake Cake Design...

Decorating By ranbel Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 3:31am by matthewkyrankelly

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 1:35am
post #1 of 3

My boss asked me today if I would make a cupcake cake for the office 1yr anniversary.
She would like it in the shape of the number 1...my thought is, how would you get the sides to be perfectly straight? I would think it would be almost impossible without getting icing all over the sides of the cupcake liners...and the size would be for about 35 people..

Please tell me what your thought is? Is this possible to achieve with cupcakes and the number 1 to look like the number 1???

Thanks

2 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 3:24am
post #2 of 3

Well, using round cupcakes, no, you won't get straight edges, but making it 2 cupcakes wide with the "/" at the top and the serf "_" on the bottom should come out looking clearly like the number 1.

You could also get a mini loaf pan (they sell liners for it that are usually white) and that would do it very nicely.

http://www.kitchencollection.com/Temp_Products.cfm?sku=00231136

HTH
Rae

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 3:31am
post #3 of 3

You can get very close and definitely demonstrate the number 1 with the cupcakes. However, if you wanted crisp sides for the number, frost the cupcakes liberally with a background color and pipe a more precise "1" with very straight sides within the space. That would look very nice and still allow you to give a professional appearance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%