Buttercream Crusts Toooo Fast......

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 12:11am by ttehan4

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 3

I use sugar shacks recipe. I'm slow frosting, and it seems like it crusts to fast, especially by the time I get to the top of the cake. anyone else have this happen? is there a recipe that doesn't crust as fast icon_rolleyes.gif

2 replies
3SheetCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3SheetCakes Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 12:02am
post #2 of 3

I like IndyDebi's BC it turns out perfect everytime! It gives me just the right amount of time to get the cakes covered and I don't have to sit around all day waiting for it to crust. Just right!

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 12:11am
post #3 of 3

the first time I used sugarshacks recipe, which was recently, It crusted way to fast on me to. So I added more liquid creamer and it was much better the second time. Well, I made the recipe again with more liquid and iced a cake for my nieces birthday and it is on my counter right now and the icing has tons of crusty little cracks in it. It looks horrible. It went on great and smoothed out great with the viva method, but now it looks like poo. Im gonna have to try indydebs recipe. I made chocolate buttercream, my recipe, a wedding cake this weekend. Im going to ice tomorrow. I just hope it smooths out nicely. Ive got my fingers crossed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%