Old Stand Up Lamb Instructions Needed....

Decorating By chrissysconfections Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 12:41am by bakingatthebeach

chrissysconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissysconfections Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 5

I have a really old version of the stand up lamb I got in a lot of about 50 pans last summer and I have no idea how to use it. I've checked for instructions online but my pan is slightly different then the others. For one thing its a bit smaller it seems, the top fits snuggly into the bottom and it lays flat in the oven as one complete unit. There are no holes to check for doneness or allow for overflow. The pan itself has no markings on it as to manufacturer, model or year. If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. I need to use this pan this weekend to make my daughter a kitten cake for her fourth birthday.
Thanks in advance!

Chrissy

4 replies
Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 5

Hi.. I have an old Wilton 2 piece lamb pan. The top of mine fits nicely into the bottom also, but there is a small hole to check the doneness of the cake. That being said..I think using your pan would basically be the same. I mix a regular cake mix (or one 2-layer scratch recipe) and fill the bottom of the pan as high as it will take the batter. I fit the top on and then take a piece of wire and wrap it tightly around the pan and twist the ends together. It usually bakes in about 40 minutes at 350. How you will check for doneness is eluding me right now icon_confused.gificon_surprised.gif I am thinking you will have to lift the top a bit. Usually when you start to smell cake (yum) it will be done. icon_lol.gif Good Luck!

chrissysconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissysconfections Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:45am
post #3 of 5

Thank You!! I never even thought about the wire thing...DUH! I don't know why mine doesn't have a hole but it doesn't. I found one that looks like the one I have on the Cakes4Less website but it didn't have baking instructions only decorating. I will try your suggestion though! Thanks a million!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 5

chrissy

Your welcome!! Let me know how it turns out!

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:41am
post #5 of 5

I have one too. I use a wet shoelace to tie at the neck and at the tail end.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%