What To Do With Cake Scraps / Thank You Treat For Daycare???

Decorating By calicokid Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 2:07am by micnmax2003

calicokid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicokid Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone,

I love this site. It is so informative. Hubby and I completed a snake cake on Fri. with help and suggestions from here. It turned out awesome - in our humble opinions (pictures to come soon). Thanks again!!!

So, my question is what to do with cake scraps. Would prefer not to waste. My son is soon finishing at his daycare and I thought I could create some sort of thank you treat for the teachers and his mates using the scraps. Any ideas for unique thank you treat for daycare teachers and kids would be helpful, even if not using scraps.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.

Have a wonderful day! : )

3 replies
Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 4

Why not do cake truffles? Just make crumbs with your scraps and add a binder (like cream cheese, buttercream, etc. Then roll into balls and dip into melted chocolate. you can then decorate once chilled with colored white chocolate or candy melts. I think decorating them with the ABCs in different colors would be adorable!

melissad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissad Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:58am
post #3 of 4

How big are the scraps? If they are sizable, you could cut them with small cookie cutters to make several individual/bite sized cakes for the kids. Then use the smaller scraps for cake truffles as suggested above.
(Personally, I don't usually have this problem; I toss them in a container then snack on them over the next couple days icon_biggrin.gif )

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:07am
post #4 of 4

when I have chocolate cake scraps I make "death by chocolate" which is pretty much a chocolate triffle. Layers of torn up choc. cake, chocolate pudding, chopped up skor bars & skor pieces & whip cream finishing w/ whipcream, chocolate shavings & more skor pieces. I have made little individual servings using ramkins for school

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%