Disappointed And Sad....what Was I Expecting Anyway?

Decorating By tinygoose Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 11:13pm by cookiemama2

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:32am
post #1 of 8

So I go to the local grocery store to get dinner, stop by the bakery as usual...I can't help myself, I love looking at swirls of buttercream, the cool tools, you'd think I was at Disneyland...something intoxicating about any bakery. I miss our old Lady Baltimore bakery with all the cake dummy displays....used to love that place!

Anyway, I was tired, had the kids all day and wanted a little piece of cake. I know it's not as good as mine...my expectation was pretty low...but I just didnt feel like baking tonight to get my cake fix, you know. I usually only get a slice of tiramisu and it is fairly decent, but they were out. So I got a dozen Key Lime mini cupcakes (thinking summery, refreshing) and a piece of chocolate...got to have a bite for the chocolate fix.

So get home, make dinner, hubby & I have a big fight about where the d*** blueberry bush is going...he's still mad at me...so I'm on the computer...we are ignoring eachother at the moment.

Bite into the Key Lime cake....so disappointed, like someone sprayed lime air freshener im my mouth!! Look at the ingredients...there are a billion...but sadly no lime, closest thing is lemon concentrate, but it is listed under the 2% or less line. Sigh...try the chocolate, cake is ok...about what I was expecting , but the icing is just plain bad. I look at the list of ingredients........Ingredients: Too Long. See Bakery for Full Ingredients.
So I'm stuck here with a hubby who's not talking to me and no cake to comfort me..... icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

7 replies
Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:47am
post #2 of 8

Sorry for the disappointment icon_sad.gif Sounds like this is a good time for a cakeball or two, or three icon_smile.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 5:00am
post #3 of 8

Thank you...I've resorted to Jello chocolate pudding...the cook and serve kind. icon_smile.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 5:42am
post #4 of 8

I hate trying to treat myself only to get tricked. thumbsdown.gif

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:01am
post #5 of 8

I hate when that happens. You look forward to something only to be totally disappointed icon_sad.gif Hope today is better.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:25am
post #6 of 8

This happens to me too,but I usually console myself with, OOOHHH you shouldn't be eating this anyway,lose some weight hehe.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 8

The good news is that, other people in your community are going to think their cake tastes terrible too...and they are going to come to you for their cake needs! And hopefully, you and your husband can decide on a spot to put the blueberry bush.

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:13pm
post #8 of 8

Someone sent this to me so I can't take credit for it...

5 minute chocolate mug cake

4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanila
1 large coffee mug

Mix and microwave for 3 min.

The email said this is the most dangerous cake recipe in the world...because we are all only 5 min away from chocolate cake anytime day or night!!!

I only made it once and in my hurry to make it I forgot the egg but it was still good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%