Fondant ?

Decorating By patswifey Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 4:44am by Michellers

patswifey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patswifey Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:20am
post #1 of 4

I am making cupcakes for my daughters birthday tomorrow morning. She has requested that HER cupcake have a large fondant crown with her name on it.

I made the crown and I have it decorated and drying on an air frshener bottle(wrapped in wax paper) so that it will dry curved. My ? is, I just made the crown about an hour ago and I need to drop her cc off at 11a. is there a 'quick' way to dry fondant besides air drying? I know I should have made it earlier but it is my nature to procrastinate until the last possible moment and I am trying to be better......

I would really like it to be a standing crown in her cupcake...if I put it in the freezer would it ruin it? hair drier? LOL icon_biggrin.gif

thank you to anyone who answers me :O)

3 replies
chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:28am
post #2 of 4

i would like to know the drying time of fondant also ( i always forget something i want on a cake) so here's a BUMP... icon_smile.gif

MegnD83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MegnD83 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:35am
post #3 of 4

You can dry fondant in the over with just the oven light on, though I would probably take it off of the can first.

Michellers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellers Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:44am
post #4 of 4

I wouldn't put it in the freezer. Just take the wax paper off before going to bed, as long as it's holding it's shape. But I think it should be ok tomorrow morning. To be safe though, I probably wouldn't put it on the cupcake til I got there. Mainly because I'm a worry wort.

Usually bows that I make are pretty sturdy by the next day, and I usually work late at night as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%