Help For Making Actual Converse Shoe Cake

Decorating By pattycakes55d Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 5:58pm by pattycakes55d

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 5

for Wednesday for a teenage girl !!!!!! I thought I would find out first from you if it can be done and if someone could tell me how to's please.... I will wait to hear back before I confirm. HELP , thanks

4 replies
kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 5

For my carved cakes I usually bake a 11x15 sheet cake and cut out the desired shape and paste the pieces together with icing,then after I am pleased with the shape I do a crumb coating over the whole thing.I would add a dowel rod in the part that will be standing up.It seems like it would be relatively easy if you are using fondant,especially for the laces and the tongue,you know that piece under the laces.Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

pearlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearlg Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 5

have a look at these sites

goodluck

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 5

I just got my American Cake Magazine and there is a tutorial on how to make the converse cake. Do you get that mag? If not I could scan them and email them to you.
Now this one is a flat shoe and I don't know how many people it would actually feed but it is way cute.

Let me know.

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 5

thanks for replying so quickly. I told the lady this am that I'd do it and I'll just wing it.

I want to use fondant and have a choice of a 2 dimensional (I guess you call it flat) and a standing up one. Thank you Abruntz for emailing me the instructions for the flat one with buttercream. I guess the flat one is easier , however I really like the 3D one too.

I looked at the video that pearlg sent me and the shoe looks relatively easy to carve. Thanks for sending it. The video didn't show how to finish the shoe off with fondant though.

I am not sure how to make the shoelaces and holes though with fondant. Do I actually put the laces through the fondant holes? Sorry for asking such a stupid question.

by the way, what size cake should it be to feed 20-25 teens?

I really appreciate all your help and everyone is so kind. Thank you.

PS: I need to make the cake and put fondant on it by the end of today, so would sure appreciate any help if at all possible, NOW.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%