Modelling Chocolate-Can I Use Wilton Candy Melts?

Business By KimmysKakes Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 7:19pm by KimmysKakes

KimmysKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmysKakes Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all! I need to make modelling chocolate and the recipe calls for chocolate and corn syrup. Was wondering if I could use Wilton candy melts instead of real chocolate???? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance! icon_wink.gif

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 4

Yes..I have used wilton candy melts before for modelling chocolate...Just add a tablespoon of clear corn syrupand it will start to get hard..Just knead until the consistency of clay!!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 4

yes, i use them alot.. or merkens... the recipe i use comes from a lady ,that i sit in her demos at ices convention.. it is 1 lb. chocolate.. to 1/2 cp lite corn syrup.. melt chocolate in micro.. little at the time..do not burn it.. when melted.. add the corn syrup.. stir virgorsly.. it will look funny..don,t stir too long. then pour out on wax paper. spread some. let this sit for several hrs. or overnight.. i let it sit over nite. then break of peices and knead good. roll into sausages.. wrap good with saran wrap.. place all wrapped sausages into freezer bags.. i keep mine in frig.. and sometimes freeze it.. but don,t freeze for too long.. i love to work woth modeling chocolate.. hth

KimmysKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmysKakes Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you SO much!!! When I first pour it on the wax paper and let it sit, do I leave it uncovered?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%