Brain Lapse In Progress: Whats That Cake Decorating Site?

Decorating By wrightway777 Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 3:36am by ceshell

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 5:01am
post #1 of 14

Its late and I cant remember that popular cake decorating site...the one that has a wondermold doll cake in the left hand corner with tons of stuff on the site? I have to order a statue of liberty chocolate/candy mold for a big corporate cake - and the other big sites dont have it. Crossing fingers.

13 replies
jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 5:08am
post #2 of 14

IDK, but bump

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 5:21am
post #3 of 14

I dont know the site, but I hope someone has it for you. I would like it also...

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 5:46am
post #4 of 14

I know the site but I can't recommend them. Did you try googling "Statue of liberty chocolate mold"? I found tons of places where you can find it that are not the store-who-must-not-be-named (that's a joke, for you Harry Potter fans).

Here are just a few I found:
http://www.cakesnthings.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1362
http://www.streichs.com/cgi-bin/streichs/P15.html
http://www.confectioneryhouse.com/product.php?productid=2316&cat=180&bestseller=Y
tons available on Ebay at Buy It Now pricing
http://www.onestopcandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?store_code=OSC&screen=PROD&product_code=ECAO656

Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 10:59am
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

I know the site but I can't recommend them. Did you try googling "Statue of liberty chocolate mold"? I found tons of places where you can find it that are not the store-who-must-not-be-named (that's a joke, for you Harry Potter fans).

I didnt know this site had a beef with that site...is it the "Dark Side" of Cake decorating? Can anyone just PM it to me. I still have to go the the Godfather site (GSA) and get my fondant today but I have to face that they dont have everything.

Thanks for the other sites too (all).

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:35pm
post #7 of 14

The site you're wanting is s u g a r c r a f t.com. Good luck!!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:37pm
post #8 of 14

s ugarcra ft . com

take out the spaces icon_biggrin.gif

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:38pm
post #9 of 14

Wow--they've really gotten good at deleting that name. I'll try something else... It's "Sugar" then type "craft" then type .com.

wrightway777 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:56pm
post #10 of 14

thanks everybody!

mkm25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkm25 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:06pm
post #11 of 14

Whoa! I'm just curious why they're so against that site???

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:39pm
post #12 of 14

old issues, something about a lawsuit and it got all nasty. Just what I have read on other threads. Don't tell them you are on CC. It makes things worse.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:11am
post #13 of 14

Just a question...why is this site blocked when typed? What makes some okay and others not okay?

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:36am
post #14 of 14

Without getting into the gory details, there is a particular site which treated not only the administrators but also the actual members of CC (as paying customers) poorly, including nasty posts on the boards. I saw it all, and it was awful. In order to settle some of the problems and alleviate any perceived liability on the part of CC, it is my understanding that CC may not link to their site (which is why their url is blocked). Also to limit future conflicts, their actual name has been blocked; you see, otherwise, they can just log into CC, use the search function, and search for their own name to see if any of their customers are talking amongst ourselves about them, which they take great issue with.

I might be misunderstanding the parameters of why their name is blocked, but ultimately I believe it was to protect CC and its members, and also --who knows--maybe even at the request of the site itself. I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds by offering that explanation, but I do think it is helpful for newbies to know since it can be quite perplexing when you cannot type up a certain set of words.

There is another site which I don't think experienced any "bad juju" but I believe they do not permit other websites to directly link to their site (that's a copyright issue...did you know any website can prohibit other sites from linking directly to it?) so they are blocked too. That is ba*king*911 (without the asterisks). I never saw anything unpleasant go down with them, and their site is full of useful information, but they don't allow link-outs, so they have to automatically block that phrase.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%