Help!!!! Nfsc

Baking By cake1119 Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 12:09am by TracyLH

cake1119 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake1119 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:29am
post #1 of 7

Ok I have made cookies for years, but nothing fancy. I thought I would try to make some for a baby shower and a wedding shower, both on 27th. I have them pictured beautifully in my head, but so far, all is wrong. Made dough Friday night and has been in fridge since. So tonight I went to roll a little out and it stuck to everything. I had to add a ton of flour to get them in the oven. What did I do?? I knew the name of them was too good to be true!! HA HA

6 replies
percussiongrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
percussiongrrl Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:07am
post #2 of 7

I made the NFSC recipe for the first time this week and used the trick of rolling it out between parchment paper...it worked beautifully! Maybe you could try that next time? You might also have issues with it based on the humidity. I know it's been incredibly humid here and I've had to adjust my flour or liquid levels in my baking and icing accordingly.

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:15am
post #3 of 7

I would have to ask if the humidity in your area has been a problem?, I'm in NJ and we have had nothing but rain. I haven't had problems with cookie dough but my fondant pencils have been a long time drying because of all the rain. Hang in there! icon_smile.gif

Sweetriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetriley Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 7

Rolling it between 2 sheets of parchment to the desired thickness is the way to go. I roll mine right after I make it then freeze it until I'm ready to bake. I thaw for just a minute or so then cut right on the paper. Works like a dream no matter how soft the dough. This eliminates the use of a lot of flour. Good luck.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 7

don't give up yet!

I agree - try rolling it out between waxed paper or parchment ( I use waxed paper). Also - double check your ingredient amounts. Something might have been off when you made them before, because even without waxed paper, the consistency of my dough isn't very sticky - I can peel it off the waxed paper and mold/hold it in my hand without needing to add any extra flour.

cake1119 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake1119 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 7

Thank You to everyone. I will try the parchment tonight because the humidity here in Ky has been unforgiving lately. I still have a huge portion of dough left, so I will keep working until it's gone. If still no luck, I will try again while keeping a very close count of all measurements. Thanks again!!!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:09am
post #7 of 7

I have good success with a piece of freezer paper underneath (I have big cookie sheets and the parchment I have found isn't wide enough) and then I use cling wrap (2 layers just overlapping) on the top. Works like a charm! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%