Needing Help With Color Form?

Decorating By MollyGMom Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 1:51am by auntmamie

MollyGMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyGMom Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:39am
post #1 of 2

This is what Wilton calls it anyways. I'm not sure whether it is creating decorations with RI or color form, but I am needing to make little Nemo's to set on top of cupcakes for my son's birthday! icon_biggrin.gif

I have my picture and I know I need to make some sort of icing and then cover my picture with wax paper. From there I use the icing to create an outline of Nemo. Once that dries, I need to fill it in with a thinner consistancy of the icing. I guess that will take some time to dry and then I can use either more RI or glace that is colored to make Nemo's stripes and outline him. Not sure when I peel the Nemo off the wax paper--before I decorate him or after.

Could somebody help me to let me know if I am doing the right steps? I have been reading various forums and kind of guessing as I go along. I am a newbie and need some expertise!!

Thanks so much!

1 reply
auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:51am
post #2 of 2

It's color flow, not color form. But you've got the right idea! icon_biggrin.gif

You have to purchase a color flow mix - it's wilton brand, and Michaels sells it. You mix it up similar to making RI, and color it the same. It takes colors very well, and very true to the actual color.

Make a slightly thin mix, and color half of it orange (or blue). Outline the orange portions, let it set for a few minutes, and then fill it in with the orange, that might need to be thinned a tad. It should "flood" within the lines really easy.

Once the orange has dried, repeat with the blue (or visa versa).

Let the piece sit for at least 48 hours to dry. Then, untape the waxed paper from the board, and slide the decoration to the edge of a table. Very slowly, pull the wax paper down while the decoration goes straight - then place on the cake.

Voila! You're done.

PM me if you need help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%