White Choc. Ganache Used For The First Time.... ????

Decorating By sheilabelle Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 8:24pm by MikeRowesHunny

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 11:35am
post #1 of 4

Yesterday I used white choc. ganache for the first time under fondant. I live in MI and the humidity was at 95% and 80* and the buttercream just kind of melted. My question is what should the consistency of the ganache be? I used a 3:1 ration of the choc. to cream. The ganache was still quite soft and didn't set up hard. Should I have done something different? While working on the cakes I had fans going in the kitchen to help keep the condensation off of them. I even had the figurine that I had made a week in advance break in half. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif We don't have air conditioning in the house, so my wonderful and very brillant husband suggested we turn on the air in our camper. My cakes spent the night camping in our backyard. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif TIA for any suggestions or tips.

3 replies
MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 12:44pm
post #2 of 4

Did you let the ganache set up overnight before you started to put it on the cakes? I've been doing a good layer of ganache under my fondant and I start with a crumb coat and let that set up first, then add subsequent layers until there is no cake visable under the ganache. Then I leave the cakes to set up again overnight. Never had a problem and I have also worked in 80F heat, so I'm not sure what you are doing that is different?!

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 4

bonjovibabe - I didn't let it set up over night. That must be it. Could you be please give a step by step of how you do your cakes in ganache and the recipe that you use for choc and white choc ganache? I would really appreciate it. TIA

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 4

My adventures in ganache!:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=633264&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Trust me, when you've got it right, you'll never go back!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%