Freezing Or Refrigerating Batter

Decorating By ailika Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 6:34am by Justbeck101

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 1:54am
post #1 of 7

I need Help Again! Can I freeze or refrigerate batter in advance and for how long. This will be my first order Smile I have to make 200 for next week. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Iris

6 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 4:21am
post #2 of 7

I really am not sure, as I have never done either. I googled it, and the general consensus was not to. They said to bake whatever it is that you need to bake, then wrap and freeze that. But I don't think that 200 of anything would fit in my freezer! icon_smile.gif Maybe someone has done it, so here's a BUMP.

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 4:29am
post #3 of 7

Wouldn't freeze it either. Bake what you can ahead and freeze them.

dennettesdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dennettesdelectables Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 4:29am
post #4 of 7

I was just wondering the same thing..I just started the wilton classes, and making a cake every week has been the death of my kitchen, and since I don't use boxed cake mixes I have so much batter left over the I have just had to dump it, I don't have enough room in my freezer for a cake..I am a stay at home mom of 2 so I do 2-3 weeks of shopping in advance, you can imagine what my pantry and fridge look like.LOL...I am anxious to see the replies though.

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:56am
post #5 of 7

So I just bake them in advance and wrap them in saran wrap & freeze them. Won't they be soggy when I defrost them to put the icing?

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 6:25am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailika

So I just bake them in advance and wrap them in saran wrap & freeze them. Won't they be soggy when I defrost them to put the icing?

Not in my experience, no. Wonderfully moist and tender, but by no means soggy. Leave it in the wrapping while it defrosts, though; it only takes about half an hour, anyway.

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 6:34am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennettesdelectables

I was just wondering the same thing..I just started the wilton classes, and making a cake every week has been the death of my kitchen, and since I don't use boxed cake mixes I have so much batter left over the I have just had to dump it, I don't have enough room in my freezer for a cake..I am a stay at home mom of 2 so I do 2-3 weeks of shopping in advance, you can imagine what my pantry and fridge look like.LOL...I am anxious to see the replies though.

Have you tried reducing your recipe? I reduce mine down enough to make a 6".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%