Cuppy Bar Vs. Wedding Cake; Pros & Cons; Labor And Cost

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 2 Aug 2009 , 3:52pm by __Jamie__

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 3:06pm
post #31 of 33

When I think of 600 guest, I think of people that live a certain type of lifestyle. Not only is it ALL friends & family, but I'm sure it is a lot of general & business associates & connections. And Jaime you know you want to do the big grand cake (cause you know you can)...for the right price of course! icon_wink.gif

nanikins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanikins Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 3:22pm
post #32 of 33

The first thing I thought of when I read about your cuppie bar was - COOL! The second thing I thought of was all the indecisive people holding up the line because they can't decide which filling/frosting they'd like best. "They ALL look SO GOOD!!"

So, if you decide to do it, you may want to figure out some way of having a "menu" of sorts posted so that people can make up their minds before they get to you.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 3:52pm
post #33 of 33

Oh, wow, haven't seen this in awhile. Update! They chose cake! Alllll cake! But, heh heh, their guest count has been slashed dramatically to 300. ((sigh)) Oh well! It's still going to be grand! We're doing a four tier square cake, and two 6 and 10" (I think, whatever adds up to 294 total, I'm not near my contract right now) square stacks on both sides of the big one. Should look really nice!

Cuppies are still in the picture, as I am making some for the kids at the wedding, but each one will have one of the three initials of the new couple on them.

icon_smile.gif

I can handle 294 and a couple dozen cuppies. This is the down payment on my new car! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%