My First Wedding Cake

Decorating By Bev55 Updated 20 Jun 2009 , 7:41pm by __Jamie__

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 7

I am delivering my first wedding cake this afternoon. It is a 10-inch and 8-inch white sour cream cake with raspberry filling and almond flavored buttercream. I also made a Hawaiian shirt sheet cake for the groom. The couple is having a small beach wedding so they wanted a small wedding cake. The mother of the groom works with me so I told her I would make the cake if she bought the supplies. The future mother-in-law will be providing the pink rose buds to go on the cake. I am posting a photo of the cake before the roses are added. How does it look? Do I need to improve it? Thank you for your help. I know I won't forget this cake, because my wedding anniversary is today, too.
LL

6 replies
sarand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarand Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 7

This looks fantastic... The pink roses will add a nice colour to it. It looks perfect. Well done on your 1st wedding cake, I did mine a couple of weeks ago I was so nervous but really enjoyed it!

Good look
Sarah

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 7

It's very cute! I think the pink flowers will be the final touch!

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 7

Great job! Keep going, girl, you're on your way!!

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 7

I looks great. The pink rose buds will look pretty on it. Congrats on your first wedding cake.

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 7

The cake looks great, and the added flowers will really top it off. Congratulations on your first wedding cake, and Happy Anniversary to you!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 7

The pink will be lovely complimenting color! Check out other cakes similarly pillared like this, and see if you like the look where the plate doesn't show around the edge of each cake. If you do like the plates showing, consider next time wrapping the edge with ribbon, or using a decorative plat, perhaps with scallloped edges. You're on your way! Are you obssessed yet???? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%