Can A Cake Stay Out???

Decorating By szakacs Updated 20 Jun 2009 , 9:39pm by szakacs

szakacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
szakacs Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a cake for a party next week, and I have to work this day untill 330pm and the party starts at 7pm. Now I have to bring the cake with me to work because I cant go back home to get it afterwards. Is it ok for a cake to sit out this long??? (Approx 12 hrs)
I may not have a fridge to put it in at work. Any ideas of what I should do?? It will be a cake iced with BC and covered in fondant. Not sure of the filling yet. If I do get to keep this in a fridge possibly for a couple hours when I take it out and the cake comes back to room temp will the fondant sweat, and if it does what's the best way to get the water off with out ruining it???

Thanks so much everyone for your answers...

3 replies
CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 4

I personally wouldn't refrigerate at all. There is no need to with most cakes I have never used a filling that needed refrigeration. As far as I know fondant and the fridge don't like each other!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 4

I would just make sure to choose a filling that doesn't have to be refrigerated. And then your cake will be fine sitting out for several days!

szakacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
szakacs Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you guys that answers my question, now I dont have to worry about my cake being out!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%